about the gas situation...what can we do???

im just sick over it
the high cost of fuel is killing my business
im almost starving now
i just cant see me being able to hang on much longer
my business is down more than 50 %
so looks like i will be ridin a bike or walking
thank god i do still have a few jobs
please send work if you can

gas

this is the only way empty all tanks buy from one company only buy what you need only fill up in case of emergency treat gas like abortion protest protest we pick one oil company and boycot we must get serious.stop crying and go fore the kill.if we stand alone we can not win. charlie0

Why pump our own oil?

If we pump the oil out of our own country the money will be staying in OUR country that is why! We are going to be dependent on oil for many years to come, why not keep the dollars in the U.S.A and not the middle east? And when they see we are serious about getting our own oil the price will go down. Also we need to eliminate so many different required blends.
And how about the government giving up some of the taxes they take out of oil?

Right now it is costing me about $30 to mow my lawn and I need to do it about every 5 days.
I was watching a special on schools and money and they are worried about fuel prices because with the last few prices raises they are now over $2.00 a gallon. They get the gas without Federal or state taxes so that will let you know why politicians are not going to do anything about prices, 1/2 of it is going to them! Now figuring that about 1/2 is theirs it really makes the oil companies profits seem HUGE if they were made at roughly $2 a gallon.

Bob, we just voted in the union last year. And they are now working on the details to be voted on. I have been a Control Center Operator for over 27 years and feel the some way you do about your job. It’s never the same two days in a row. And I love shift work. 7am to 7 pm or 7pm to 7am, 3 or 4 days in a row. Our team left the Sportsmen Series early last year. And just race at Auburndale now. Gas on and off the track being what it is, it will most likely stay that way. Auburndale had a big Sportsmen race that same night. So we stayed at the home track. Our good friend won the Sportsmen and LM races that night down there.

Rick, Yeah I was a cable splicer for 23 years and I loved most of it. The last few years were a drag mostly because of bosses like I mentioned before. They got down to putting all task into what they called labor units. If you didn’t produce enough units you were in deep DoDo. I relieved as supervisor for a time but decided that wasn’t for me. They expected their management to kiss a little and that didn’t set too good with me. I think the job in the trouble office was the best job I ever had. We dispatched trouble on the whole west coast from Hillsbrough county to the Everglades. I would have stayed several more years but they offered a deal I couldn’t turn down. Little did I know the economy would go hay wire. We were union all the time I worked there. I joined 6 months after I started. I went to work for FPL in 1965 for $1.90 an hour. I thought that was all the money in the world.
I worked for a tree service doing maintance in outdoor phone booths for $1.50 before that. How things have changed. In 1960 I worked for a Amoco station for $.90 an hour and rode a motorcycle that got 100 mpg, paid $.19 per gallon. We had gas wars at times and gas got down to 10 to 12 cents a gallon. I put about 2 gallons a week in my Harley. I guess we didn’t know how good we had it. Wayne Morris must be your friend. That was a awesome show. Wayne was on a rail. If you talk to him see if he wants a video of that night.I was working at CCMP that night. His sportsman car is pretty neat. IT really ran good. No body there had any thing for him. In his Late Model either.
I like Wayne, I was glad to see him have a good night. Some times his luck ain’t the best. I have seen so many lapped cars take him out. Not nessarily on purpose, but they tryed to race with him and just got in the way.

Hi Carol, Here are a few things that we all can do. 1. regulate and adjust our own driving habits. 2. when you stop for gas only purchase a few gallons at a time. 3. only purchase from American companies, let the foreign companies drowned in their product. 4. Write to or e-mail to or call every person that you know and tell them what you are doing and ask them to participate. 5.Now here is the one thing that will make a difference if we will do it and stay unified in our cause. Plan and simple, contact by letter, e-mail or phone directly to all of your representatives,local,state and federal government as well as the candidates that are running in the upcoming election and inform them that if they dont come together with a solution and a game plan we are going to vote them out of office. I believe that it is time for us to take our country back from big buisness and the good old boys and girls that have been sticking it to us for way to long. I am sure that there are some who read this and will disagree,all I can say to you is this is still America and I will defend the right that you have as an American to disagree with my views. By the way for those of you that will have the courage, energy and fortitude to call your representation an immediate solution for our truckers is to have the government freeze the price of diesel for commercial use at $2.25 per gallon. Then require transportation companies to reduce rates to reflect lower fuel prices. Third roll back prices to reflect lower shipping costs. I know this sounds like alot of work but if we dont unite and start today then our way of life will be gone soon. Of coure we can do nothing like in the seventies but if that is the road you choose this time around I suggest you pick up the Koran become a MUslim and learn to speak Spanish. Peace to all who read!

Hi Carol, Here are a few things that we all can do. 1. regulate and adjust our own driving habits. 2. when you stop for gas only purchase a few gallons at a time. 3. only purchase from American companies, let the foreign companies drowned in their product. 4. Write to or e-mail to or call every person that you know and tell them what you are doing and ask them to participate. 5.Now here is the one thing that will make a difference if we will do it and stay unified in our cause. Plan and simple, contact by letter, e-mail or phone directly to all of your representatives,local,state and federal government as well as the candidates that are running in the upcoming election and inform them that if they dont come together with a solution and a game plan we are going to vote them out of office. I believe that it is time for us to take our country back from big buisness and the good old boys and girls that have been sticking it to us for way to long. I am sure that there are some who read this and will disagree,all I can say to you is this is still America and I will defend the right that you have as an American to disagree with my views. By the way for those of you that will have the courage, energy and fortitude to call your representation an immediate solution for our truckers is to have the government freeze the price of diesel for commercial use at $2.25 per gallon. Then require transportation companies to reduce rates to reflect lower fuel prices. Third roll back prices to reflect lower shipping costs. I know this sounds like alot of work but if we dont unite and start today then our way of life will be gone soon. Of coure we can do nothing like in the seventies but if that is the road you choose this time around I suggest you pick up the Koran become a MUslim and learn to speak Spanish. Peace to all who read!