AnncrDave and All Picture Guys

What you guys are doing is probably the best part of when i get on the forum.

Especially the old orlando raceway. my Dad raced in taft and some of the other local track in the late 50’s.

he quit in 60-61 i believe when my sister was born, for him kids= no money for racing.

My parents had a house fire in 96 and lost all their photos, but, i do have 1 that i will try to put on here of him in west Virginia in the mid 50’s in what i would say was a modified or a REALLY early stock.

Please keep it coming…i have also visited the site links that have been provided.:cool008:

I have enjoyed the pictures also. My dad raced all over th US and I have absolutely no pictures of him at all. All I can remember that one of his sponsors was “Brown Trucking” but not sure what series of cars that was in. He talked about racing at Taft and he did tire testing at Indy which is where he had his worst crash ever. Please give me a shout out if you ever heard of Calvin Larch, went by Cal for short in any racing series. He also owed the Cal’s Welding Shop that was in Orlando on Bumby Ave. which had the big “iron man” out front.

Miss him alot…

Keep the pictures a coming, I think they are awesome and so are the sites.

[QUOTE=Cara;11029]I have enjoyed the pictures also. My dad raced all over th US and I have absolutely no pictures of him at all. All I can remember that one of his sponsors was “Brown Trucking” but not sure what series of cars that was in. He talked about racing at Taft and he did tire testing at Indy which is where he had his worst crash ever. Please give me a shout out if you ever heard of Calvin Larch, went by Cal for short in any racing series. He also owed the Cal’s Welding Shop that was in Orlando on Bumby Ave. which had the big “iron man” out front.

Miss him alot…

Keep the pictures a coming, I think they are awesome and so are the sites.[/QUOTE]

Interesting…Cal was my dad’s uncle, his mother was Cal’s sister, Daughter of Lucy.

Small world huh…

Cal’s Mother lived on curry ford rd for a while.

Yeah, small world. My grandmother Lucy did live on Curry Ford Rd. until she went back up North. The house on Curry Ford is where I lived at until I was 2 years old then my parents bought on Bumby Ave. Dad has been gone for 12 years this Sunday but Mom is still alive.