Brown Penalty Explained

Some people questioned the Jonathan Brown penalty from Bowman Gray Stadium the week of the Advance Auto Parts 199.
Brown was suspended from racing for two events yet he showed up for the season finale at Bowman Gray for a 150 lap event for the featured Modified Series.
NASCARS’ Ed Cox explained that Browns penalty was for a two race suspension from the Whelen Southern Modified Tour.
“The suspension had nothing to do with the weekly events at Bowman Gray” reported Cox, “only the Whelen Tour events.”

Brown tangled with Jay Mize late in the race and spun in turn one. Brown then retaliated and hit the Mize car causing the two race suspension.
The race was being run under the NASCAR Whelen Modified Tour rules and not the weekly event rules.

attention bobby diehl check this out

now this guy above this last forum said he was racing whelian modified got into a fight crashed a car got two weeks supended . but was allowed to come back the next week and race modifieds again because thay was racing under different something or other you figure this out

here’s my question makes sence to me no we was racing in sportsman 50 lap got in tangle or what ever you want to call it got into a little whoop asaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa in pits got suspended . had modified there that night had go to big house that night pay the fines — well how come we can’t come back and race the modified … now i’m just asking i see ron hornaday last night drive down in corner wide open and crash ickler in toyto latemodel race in calfornia and he did not even loos a spot

i noticed you only been having 6-7 modifieds there figure two three more would help see you ron abney sr