Modified reunion music

Anybody have any suggestions for the reunion music? I am looking for a song that sang about a little modified but I can’t find it. Bob…

Hey Bob,

Are you referring to ?Little Deuce Coupe? by the Beach Boys?

Kinda hokey IMHO but the lyric ?you don?t know what I got? does fit most racers thinking to one-up the other guy.

If you?re thinking contemporary, some choices might be;
?Drive My Car? ? Beatles
?Mustang Sally? ? Wilson Pickett (too brand/model specific here but good tune non the less)
?Flirting With Disaster? ? Molly Hatchett
?Stuck In The Middle With You? ? Stealers Wheels (nothing to do with cars or racing but good tune and the title fits a lot of occasions)
?Low Rider? ? War
?Going The Distance? ? Cake (this one is racing oriented and used by some small track promoters. See partial lyrics below)

?Reluctantly crouched at the starting line
Engines pumping and thumping in time
The green light flashes, the flags go up
Churning and burning, they yearn for the cup
They daftly maneuver and muscle for rank
Fuel burning fast on an empty tank
Reckless and wild, they pour through the turns?

If you?re thinking more conventional, laid-back stuff, you might consider:
?Foggy Mountain Breakdown? ? Flatt & Scruggs
?One Piece At A Time? ? Johnny Cash

Then there?s my personal favorite:
?I Can?t Drive 55? ? Sammy Hagar :ernaehrung004:

JF

Durn Jim

I didn’t know you were a music buff. LOL! Some good Ideas there. Acouple I had forgotten about. I have to find those. It was good to see you guys. I was going to try Palm Bayers race track, but I got busy and didn’t get a chance to. That looked like fun. Hope to see you agin at CCMP. You guys are always welcome to ride with me when I am going there. Thanks Bob

How about “Rapid Roy, The Stock Car Boy”… Jim Croce

LOL…yeah, just like Junior, a real closet Rock Star.

Actually, me and a couple buds put a garage band together back in High School. (Yes OSF, they had musical instruments by then!).

I was a drummer in the school band at the time and thought there would be nothing to it. Called ourselves “The Goldtones”. I know that name is a real groaner now but we thought it was really cool at the time.

None of us could sing worth a crap so we stuck with such lyrical greats such as “Louie, Louie”. I only managed to hang-in for the first two gigs (and they were free) before I dropped out.

At the same time, I was just starting to get a taste of roundy-round racing with helping my sister’s boyfriend (who turned out to be my Brother-in-Law) with his Sportsman car at Sunshine and that band practice was taking way too much time out of my new hobby! :aetsch013:

JF

Thats cool. The Goldtones, mmm, sounds 50’s to me. I can’t carry a tune in #3 wash tub. Things that interfere with racing are baddd. Bob…

my choice…

well i love sammy hagar and “I can’t drive 55” is my choice but i dont care so much. whatever you choose bob will be just fine. i know how much time and effort you put into doing these videos and i sure do appreciate it.
OZZIE

How bout the Who… ‘Who are you’ for those of us that don’t recognize anyone from the reunion but we’ve heard the names for years.

A little slow but “HOT ROD LINCOLN” Thinking about the eXpermental Lincoln -1