What Year is Ron Abney's Ad?

[SIZE=“4”]O.K. Ron, (or anybody else for that matter), what year did you place this ad??[/SIZE]

[SIZE=“4”]Hey Ron, I just wanted to move this back to the top of the thread so you wouldn’t miss it.

What…no takers yet?[/SIZE]:sport009:

jim now that was old no body

can guess that one my grand kids look at some of my old pictures of old days and say poppa who is that skinny guy holding that trophy and what kinda car is that i never seen one like that thanks

is it 1971?

[SIZE=“4”]Nope. Right decade but not close on the year.

Some clues before I give it away:

High Point per class this year;
Late Models: #9 Frank Riddle
Tornados: #7 Joe Blackwelder (a good friend of mine)
Thundercars: #5 Daniel Keene
Sprints: #3X Jimmy Riddle
Early Models: #88 Donnie Tanner
Bombers: #25 Wade Simpson

One more clue: Anybody friends with or familiar with the driver of the “ZERO” Late Model Sonny Kocsis?? This was the year Sonny and his wife left the races after the Late Model Feature and towed his Late model over to Clearwater where he kept his boat and then went out into the Gulf for a night of fishing. He ended up breaking down shortly after getting out to his favorite fishing grounds then drifted all night until being rescued by the “Rainbow” head boat as well as the Coast Guard a day later.

[/SIZE]

OK, Here Goes -

I have put on my thinking cap (after dusting it off real good), and the best I can come up with after considerable thought (ouch), is…

[SIZE=“5”]1974[/SIZE]

Thats my final answer and I am sticking to it (unless I come up with another one)…

OSF: :ernaehrung004: :ernaehrung004: :ernaehrung004:

Close enough…

[SIZE=“4”][b]This is like horseshoes and atom bombs so close enough for the Old Silver Fox.

It was September, 1975.

Here is the cover of that program .

As you can see, yours truly was having his share of problems that month at the Gate.

Frank Riddle won the Liberty Bell 100 mentioned here leading the entire race from start to finish.

:ernaehrung004:[/b][/SIZE]

jim fenton four don’t wish we could turn time back

to them days if only for few months and have the money and knowledge we have now . with scales , and dynoes- and shockdyno and all tecnology they have today and you could just order your car and have the tracks we had back then that were not wore out

you know just a few special guys like me you - maybee . aldermanboys , benny moore jack arnold - billy gill ; maybee jim gray you can pick some i got a question for you how tall are you i have often wondered you look really tall in a race car

Hey Ron

He ain’t that tall, as a matter of fact, JF is only 5’4"…

He just had a big a$$ (that made him look 7’6" tall in the car).

[QUOTE=Old Sunshine Fan;25693]He ain’t that tall, as a matter of fact, JF is only 5’4"…

He just had a big a$$ (that made him look 7’6" tall in the car).

OSF: :ernaehrung004: :ernaehrung004: :ernaehrung004:[/QUOTE]

[SIZE=“4”]BWHAHAHAHAHAHAHA…

DL says 6’ - 2" but the beer belly gravity thing is taking it’s toll I’m afraid.

You don’t know anything about beer bellies do you OSF? I’m thinkin the last time I saw you down at CCMS you could’ve had a separate hat on yours and named it “OSFBB”??[/SIZE]:ernaehrung004::ernaehrung004:

thanks guys for info

i’m only 6 foot use to weight 180 back in day now i ain’t telling what i weigh but bud light has affected my height i allways could take care of my self now i have a big 4 wheel poliras looks like jeep to push my race car and haul my fat aaaaaaaaaaaaaa have a bad ankle and knee due to a five to one fight last year at certain race track have to use a golf club now for a walking stick for balance it’s lot better than walking stick never was good at running

you all little rough on ole fenton ain’t you .do any of you st pete boys ride a harley or have a watering hole you all get together at over there maybee some week end or week day night we could come over and knock down the gate at sunshine and you all could dust them cars you all got sitting in garage and we could have a bar b- q the track is still there drink little beer race harleys - and cars at same time – i know some guys over here that would drink hot old milkukee and keep cops out see ya

Hey Ron

Don’t ye be worried bout Fenton… he’s a BIG Boy who can take it (cause he sure knows how to give it.)

Ole Fenton don’t know it yet, but OSF done went and lost that beer belly, first I went down to KEG Size and now I am at the MIGHTY SIX PAC (eat your hearts out).

Hey, I don’t have a Hog, but I do have a YA-MAMA and think the idea of knocking the fence down at Sunshine is a good idea, but if we gonna race around that track, we better bring some quarters for the toll gates (cause dat’s what’s around da ole track). Not sure bout keeping those PCSO’s guys out… dey some bad dudes in dat club… dey don’t play nice all de time