O.K. Todd...Your Up

[SIZE=“5”]What year?[SIZE=“2”]

(you oughta get this in a pair of New York seconds man!)[/SIZE][/SIZE]:aetsch013:

Looks like the proof-reader took the day off…

[SIZE=“4”]How bout’ them beat races huh?

Doesn’t that conjure up some visuals in itself??[/SIZE]:aetsch013:

1996 ???

[SIZE=“4”]Nooooooo…not even close.

CLUE: One month after this article was written, the hot-shoe chassis builder from Beaverton, MI, breezed to his third Late Model Florida Governor’s Cup win (and his second in a row) after yours truly ran out of gas while pressuring him for the lead towards the end of the race.[/SIZE]:ernaehrung004:

:laugh:Mr. Jim , after rereading the article i realize that i missed it by atleast 30 yrs , o’well maybe atleast somebody got a good chuckle out of my ignorance.:laugh:

1996 ?

Eau Gallie / Melbourne closed in 1978.

as far as the year, i didn’t go to all of his races back in the 70s. Kenny Snodgrass being 14 makes me think it might be … earlier than 75? i wouldn’t even have been 10 yet.

after rereading the article i realize that i missed it by atleast 30 yrs

no, not 30 years. we weren’t even in Fla until … 1970? and Ron didn’t start racing for a couple of years after that.

you were ~20 years off.

Close enough…

[SIZE=“4”][QUOTE=Flowers42;25988]Mr. Jim , after rereading the article i realize that i missed it by at least 30 yrs , o’well maybe at least somebody got a good chuckle out of my ignorance.[/QUOTE]

Flowers42 ? My advice to you is never worry about making a mistake. Heck I was sending people up I-75 awhile back to get their butts back to NY until Todd thumped me behind the ear and woke me up to the fact that I was sending them to Michigan instead! :aetsch013:

Like the old saying goes; show me someone that doesn?t make any mistakes and I?ll show you someone that doesn?t do anything!

[QUOTE=Todd McCreary;25994]1996 ?

Eau Gallie / Melbourne closed in 1978.

as far as the year, i didn’t go to all of his races back in the 70s. Kenny Snodgrass being 14 makes me think it might be … earlier than 75? i wouldn’t even have been 10 yet.[/QUOTE]

Close enough!

Here is the cover of the October, 23, 1975 issue of Florida Raceweek that the article appeared in.

BTW thanks for posting the year Eau Gallie / Melbourne actually closed. I was thinking it was in the early 80?s for some reason.
[/SIZE]:ernaehrung004:

H E Y !

I want to read that letter on page two (Big Jim Fenton SOUNDS OFF).

OSF: :ernaehrung004: :ernaehrung004: :ernaehrung004:

Here ya go…

[SIZE=“4”]It wasn?t much, just a compliment to the Editor for a publication covering Florida?s short track racing which filled a void at the time.

I did get a chuckle out of the Editor?s reply though?

[/SIZE]:ernaehrung004:

Well Written

But the same topic remains quite a bit in today’s society…

NASCRAP (oops), gets decent coverage, but the local tracks tht grow those big league drivers get none to very little coverage (in local papers)…

Thanks to OCALA NEWSMAN “JOE”, they get good coverage in the OCALA Area, but there is extremely low coverage else where (to my knowledge - which is limited in itself).

Thanks for sharing that article with us JF… (You ain’t that bad afterall).

If I can did up another old newspaper article and get it scanned, I will share my thoughts on the closing of the GATE when it happened.

OSF: :ernaehrung004: :ernaehrung004: :ernaehrung004:

until Todd thumped me behind the ear

heh, ya, i was SO vicious about that wasn’t i?

Close enough!

within 3 years, good enough! that’s my lie and i’m sticking with it.

BTW thanks for posting the year Eau Gallie / Melbourne actually closed. I was thinking it was in the early 80?s for some reason.

they had the 25th closing reunion in 2003. don’t know if they’re planning another one or not. 30th has already been and gone.