what a joke

Well…with no advertising being done, the word has to get out somehow. How 'bout a car show on a Saturday or Sunday, with the drivers and an autograph/photo session? Why not do a car show at the beginning of the season (BEFORE cars get all tore up…LOL) at one of the local malls - again, to get the word out? It’s definitely going to take time, it ain’t gonna happen overnight. Put an ad in the paper at least, maybe about a week or two in advance, so fans (or potential fans) have time to plan to go?

I also agree that this shouldn’t be in a “Complaints” section. It wasn’t a complaint; just an opinion on how the show was run. I thought maybe it had been Windexed by the powers that be. I had to search for it to find it again…

I think it started as a complaint but for the most part it has been very constructive.

If I continue to lose customers and don’t know why, then sooner or later I am going to be out of business unless I know what I am doing wrong or what I can do better.

My question is this, how do you compete against an x-box?

[QUOTE=Edm;26204]
My question is this, how do you compete against an x-box?[/QUOTE]

Lots of good ideas here. But you can’t get the cart ahead of the horse here. First thing that has to be done is to provide a quality show. Don’t try getting the fans in until the show is worth seeing. If the show is good the word will get out somewhat. When the show is good the fans will want to come back. If the show is bad the fans won’t want to come back. Sounds like that is what has happened here. When the show is good is when you start with the advertising, giveaways, etc. You can start with the coolers now though. BTW, the toll roads and traffic is a huge detriment that I can’t see a way around. The last time I went, it cost me as much in tolls as admission.

good point, you are absolutely right. I will have to say though, that superstock race was worth every penny of the $25 pit admission a couple of weeks ago, even if the rest of the show sucked. If you can lure some of the kids away from the game boxes and get them involved in racing, not only spectating but participating, that would help racing down the road.

Its been said many times , but here it goes again . The teenagers , boys and girls , don’t recognize any of the cars they see at the track , they can’t relate to 1978 Monte Carlos or Camaros . The ONLY way there will ever be a next generation oval track racer is to put cars on the track that they relate to , and want to race . That means a huge overhaul of Strictly Stock , or Street Stock , or Mini Stock to race imports and American compacts with V6s , 4 cyls ., electronic fuel injection , computers , turbos , and pretty much front wheel drive . Hondas , Toyotas , Cobalts , etc . Let the teens help write the rules , bring in sponsors that never would have been sponsors , aim some of the new sponsor money toward a decent pay-out . Involve local High Schools and Trade Schools . Then get out of the way and let them race .

Well, this may be helpful or maybe not. The comments on relating to our youth made me think of last sat night at Hickory motor speedway’s Hobbystock division. These are bone stock 4 bangers and the winner was a 2002-2005 honda civic that won it. The car was easily recognized i’m just not sure of the exact year. The car is only a couple of years old and may have been a salvage (wreck) or something…but there was about 12 cars and they put on a good show.

Isn’t that like back in the 50’s-60’s when the LATEMODELS were new or near new cars with slight modifications?

Ya’ll chew on that and see what you come up with.

Disclaimer:

This reply was in no way meant to offend the 50k latemodel owners with thier 250k toterhomes or any other classes with cubic dollars needing 8 sets of tires per week to get 400 laps of practice to qualify(ugh) for the 25 lap feature.:grinser010:

Its Too Bad

its too bad this thread turned into a complaint thread I thought there were some really good ideas in here I guess somebodys feelings got hurt so all the bad people here that don’t want their race tracks to dissapear are sent to the corner of the room. Too bad there isn’t any room for constructive criticism in the world anymore I guess it’s not politically correct to offer ideas to the people in charge since they do such an outstanding job!!!

Make OSS DIRT,years ago the little 1/4 mile next door had a handfull of cars pratcing while the races were going on fri nights
no need to say more
No more conversations on tires,lack of action,or excitment, and for fans in the middle orlando area no need to travel a hr n. or south to see a dirt race.

Straight up - no one is deleting your post but I doubt that happened. I worked for Robert for a long time and I am sorry but that does not sound like anything out of his mouth.

Honestly, I don’t have the slightest clue how much NASCAR testing they do now but I know that Robert does care and has people who work for him that do care. I really don’t see Butch working for him if Robert honestly felt that way because Butch does care alot about both tracks. Butch was once a driver himself along with Barbara and I remember a time they washed their hands of FASCAR and left. I think he would do that again if he felt like Robert did not care and would not listen to the racers or fans at all.

Saturday I am suppose to go to NSS to write the 50 lap Modified race and I will be more than happy to tell Robert this is being said and see what he has to say for himself. That is the best I can do for you on your post. Yes, Robert needs to make a profit to keep the track running and I understand that but I don’t think he is that cold and hard hearted.

But if your posts were deleted at any time, it was because someone sent in complaints on it, not because a moderator worked for FASCAR. Everyone has a right to post but when it becomes a personal attach, yes, there are complaints and the moderators use their own judgement as to what to do with the post. I no longer moderate this board because I don’t have the time but there are moderators that do watch the board and get the complaints. And none of them belong to any racetrack at all.

Hopefully I will make Orlando Friday for the truck race and if I do, I will find Robert then and talk to him for you. And if this means alot to you, you can e-mail me personally and tell me who you are. I have seen many nameless people call for boycotts in the past of one track or another but you have to remember when someone loves racing, they will race no matter what because they love it. Sure, there are unhappy racers at every track but a smart owner does listen if they want their track to work. Robert is not a stupid man or uncaring man but he does need to make money to keep his tracks open.

You can e-mail me at racingjls@aol.com.

When is someone gonna wake up and cover the place with dirt? It seems to be their only hope.

the track SURFACE has nothing to do with the problem.

let me give you some racing facts

orlando is a gold mine but there is some problems gotta figure out what it is ’ let me tell you about a typical night say you travel 100 miles to a track say you carry an open wheel modified and a sports man now you would have to win both heat and feature in both classes to break even

set of tires 480x two =960.00 three guys get in pits 90.00 slab 20.00 entry fee for car 50.00 x2 100.00 most time family 40.00 get in stands food and drinks 25.00 diesel fuel for toter 80.00 fuel for race cars 10 gallon each car but usally total 25gallon times 850 a gallon now we got to pay two guys to work in our place till we get back on police rotation thats 250,00

wer’e nuts ain’t we should been an alcholic right my uncle took me to the race at holly wood fl speed way when i was 12 years old then to palm beach it’s good thing he ain’t here no more

one of worse things why people ain’t in stands any more like they use to be is because of all races on tv nacsar asa dirt there are lot of racing on big screen that did not use to be there now you got tv as big as a buick and recliners as big as deep freezer with vibrater sat in chair drink your tea go bath room hit pause when you want that has lot to do with it me i just hit record head to race track burn that money i mean rubber see yaa

by the way that total was 1.565.00 not counting the 250.00 for two guys working in my place while we are gone and we have haul but home as soon as races are over if we don’t go to