Continuation of Broken Foot story..

[SIZE=“4”]This is a continuation of member Darren?s inquiry from another thread found HERE.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=“4”]I broke my foot in a construction accident when a concrete slab fell on it. What a pain in the a$$ driving a race car with that thing! Fortunately it was the left foot which made it somewhat easier than if it had been the right one. I was always a ?2-foot? driver as opposed to the guys that used their right foot for both the brake and the gas so it was quite a transition for me until I got mad and cut it off.

Doc was gracious enough to put a ?soft? cast on it supposedly where you would have some feel but it was still like having a 2 X 4 at the end of my leg instead of a foot. Since I had no feel in it and I had to use the clutch pedal at least to get in & out of the pits, not to mention restarts, we ended up tying it directly to the clutch pedal so it wouldn?t accidently get over onto the other two pedals.

I won the next three features three-weeks in a row after I broke it with that thing on at Sunshine but lost the fourth week which I blamed on the 1-foot for both gas & brake thing I had going on. I was supposed to wear the cast for 2-months however I was so upset with losing that 4th. race I cut it off with a hacksaw on the trailer in the pits that night as soon as I got out of the car.

Here are shots of the other two wins not shown on the original thread:

My son J.C. with trophy. My dad on the other side of the car.

Sunshine Speedway Flagman Allen Seeds with trophy. My dad again on the other side.

[/SIZE]