Obama holidays

will he being going home for the holidays? Would it be Chicago, Hawaii or Keyna?

Wish We Could Afford This

He be in Hawaii in a rental on the beach. 2 weeks in a house valued at 8.4 million bucks.
Sounds like nice digs for the chosen one and the dog…
-JIM-

BREAKING NEWS FROM “NEWS BUSTERS”:

Imagine the outrage if any Republican President went on vacation during a recession and spent $4,000 a night on accommodations.:sprachlos020: On ABC?s Good Morning America Wednesday, correspondent Yunji de Nies seemed to suggest that President Obama?s family will be spending such an amount renting expensive living space at an estate house in Hawaii for a two-week Christmas vacation. De Nies: “Christmas trees here aren’t cheap ? neither is staying in this $8.9 million house, which runs $4,000 a night. The Obamas rented this one and the two next door for family and friends. When you spend that kind of money, people pay attention to detail.”

De Nies did not specify exactly how much is being spent or where the money is coming from, though the amount may even be significantly more than $4,000 a day as she related that “the two next door” were also being rented for family and friends of the Obamas. The ABC correspondent also recounted that the estate house overlooks a beach popular with royalty: “But it’s the master bedroom and its breathtaking view that is the crown jewel. Kailua Beach has been ranked the island’s best, a favorite of Hawaiian royalty.”:ernaehrung004:

[SIZE=“4”]Word has it that The Anointed One?s brother will be coming up from Kenya to spend the Holiday with them in Hawaii.

His name is Barakatrap which is Swahili for ?Bigmouth?, a trait that seems to run in the family.

Here is a short clip of Barakatrap demonstrating his talents back in his homeland;

BARAKATRAP
[/SIZE]

:aetsch013:

Wow…

The talent in Baracks’ family never seems to end. The family gene pool is clear as well…:sprachlos020:

-GYM-:ernaehrung004:
:smilie_bett:

Just in case you don’t know but it now costs more to keep employees. I just got a notice in the mail, day before Christmas letting me know that my unemployment tax is going up. NICE, Merry Christmas…

Smart move. Punish employers for hiring people and for generating economic activity. That will end the problem…won’t it?

Regrettably the only thing such a move will do is to penalize the only people in America that ARE trying and DOING something to get this country moving and surviving… All the Congress can do is waste our lovely pennies on stupidity and things which will never amount to anything…

Better yet, we all need to thank each and every one of us who so duly elected the boneheads in Congress that are running our beloved Country into the ground… I am not saying that all are bad or that one party is better than the other, but I do remember the Carter years and this is soooooooo reminiscent of those years… Idiots in Congress with a big idiot figurehead on top…

Merry Christmas to all…

[QUOTE=ocalasp76;39817]He be in Hawaii in a rental on the beach. 2 weeks in a house valued at 8.4 million bucks.
Sounds like nice digs for the chosen one and the dog…
-JIM-

BREAKING NEWS FROM “NEWS BUSTERS”:

Imagine the outrage if any Republican President went on vacation during a recession and spent $4,000 a night on accommodations.:sprachlos020: On ABC’s Good Morning America Wednesday, correspondent Yunji de Nies seemed to suggest that President Obama’s family will be spending such an amount renting expensive living space at an estate house in Hawaii for a two-week Christmas vacation. De Nies: “Christmas trees here aren’t cheap – neither is staying in this $8.9 million house, which runs $4,000 a night. The Obamas rented this one and the two next door for family and friends. When you spend that kind of money, people pay attention to detail.”

De Nies did not specify exactly how much is being spent or where the money is coming from, though the amount may even be significantly more than $4,000 a day as she related that “the two next door” were also being rented for family and friends of the Obamas. The ABC correspondent also recounted that the estate house overlooks a beach popular with royalty: “But it’s the master bedroom and its breathtaking view that is the crown jewel. Kailua Beach has been ranked the island’s best, a favorite of Hawaiian royalty.”:ernaehrung004:[/QUOTE]

Let’s see… $4,000 a night x 14 days = $56,000 plus the rent on the other two homes… Now let’s count the Secret Service men and women who have to be there and there lodging and expenses… Then let’s see, the flights on the Presidential planes and the surrounding Air Force protection flights… Then don’t forget the advance detail and all of their expenses and lodgings… Then let’s figure in the normal expenses of eating and living with the Presidents Personal Chef and entourage. The travel expenses for their guests and families… Shall we keep going…

Hmmm let’s see that means we are somewhere Far North of $5,000,000.00…

Oh and not that it is a big deal this Presidential term, but why wasn’t the President at the Christmas Eve Mass in DC… At least that Piece of Shit Clinton had the balls to be there…

Let’s see… Ole’ Bush went on Christmas Vacation to his own house in Texas or to Camp David… Hmmm… Let’s see who spends more money on Christmas vacations through their terms… I do believe that President Obama has beaten both Bush’s in just one lowly year…

I guess I won’t be eating this year…

In tough economic times the state of Florida spent over a 1 million to make a bridge in Orlando LOOK like a draw bridge. WTF is our government doing? Yeah that letter I got Christmas Eve pretty much ruined my Christmas.

1099s

all employers on Jan 1st, 2010 needs to put all employess on 1099s. Pay them the same wages + employer’s share of S.S. tax that way the employees do not lose any money but it is their job to pay to pay their taxes. They are then called sub contractors and pay their own unemployment tax. If all employers did this it could be a win for America, everyone could with hold from paying taxes in protest, what are they going to do, put us in a prison in IL.

There is only one problem with that is for those employees that have Health Insurance… If my memory serves me right, the premiums are way different as a subcontractor… Higher to be exact, because you normally can’t get a group rate… Don’t quote me on that, but I am almost sure of that…

Other than that, I don’t have one iota of a problem with that…

If it’s construction trade,like my company,this won’t work with the 1099’s.
You will pay higher rates for liability ins. and have them carry workers comp.
If they don’t have W/C then you will have to carry it on them at higher rates. As sub contractors you will not have to pay the 1/2 social security though.

I wanted to do this years ago and the cost and liabilities would have been higher. Now all subs in construction have to be incorporated and licensed with the state or county where they work.

Dats our gov-ment for ya.
Good Luck…:ernaehrung004:
-JIM-

I

wanted the employee to be paid the employers share of S.S. so they would not have to take it out of their pocket. I have worked several jobs for racing series and was giving 1099s if I made over $600. Just like racers if they win over $600. at there home track or series. This was just a thought to save money on the high increase of unemployment tax. It could be done just more thinking involved as long as it was not union.

FYI. IT is suppose to resemble a Suspension bridge, not a Draw bridge. And it was $3.5 mil. And the city of orlando paid for it. Regardless it’s still a waste of money and looks like a P.O.S.!

I was under the impression that almost 2.5 mil went towards other repairs to the bridge. A couple of towers with over sized pvc angled down, a real beauty, yesiree! But your right, the “suspension” bridge looks like hell, and they raised the tolls which were actually supposed to be free by now.