A Land Remembered

Jane, I viewed this on the Ledger.com this morning, not sure if you’ve seen this but here it is.

http://www.theledger.com/article/20100130/NEWS/1305016/1410?Title=Author-Patrick-Smith-Breathes-Life-into-Fla-History&tc=ar

Steve

Yes I have Steve, thank you. I was there when Gary came to interview dad at the rehab center. I just finished writing Gary and telling him that he did a very nice job on the story. He really worked hard to make it just right.

Jane

P.S. I am very honored and proud to call Pat Smith my daddy. To this day, he is still very humble and doesn’t really realize just how much he is loved by people for his books especially A Land Remembered. Dad said he wrote A Land Remembered in that time period because back then family meant alot. Families were born together, lived together and died together and really did care about each other. I guess that is where I get my love of family and why it means so much to me. I have been offered jobs before from out-of-state but I won’t take them because my folks are here and they need me now. I can’t turn my back on them and say oh well, someone will help them. My dad and his mom are the ones who taught me that family comes first and then everything else will fall into place. Honestly, if dad could have made a living in Mendenhall, Mississippi, I am sure that he would have never left but he couldn’t so we moved away. But we were always home for anything to do with the family, always. And that is why I was so blessed because I grew up surrounded by my aunts, uncles, grandparents, and cousins. I was truly blessed in many ways to have been so close to my family as I was. Truly blessed.