Some drivers missing from this years World Series

Here is a list of drivers that come to mind that have either been prominent drivers in the area or been around past speedweeks that I didn’t see this year.

Jimmy Blewett- retired from what I understand
Donny Lia
Derrick Kelly
Sam Watts
Rich Clouser
Bobby Good
Landon Cassill
Louie Mechalides I thought for sure he would be there
Eddie Mercer
Drew Brannon
Joe Winchell
Johanna Long
Travis Cope
Chad Pierce
Wayne Anderson
Jermy Colangolo Sp?
Jeff Scolfield
I didnt see Ted Christopher in a late model at all this year.
Was hoping to see Mario Gosselin

I am sure there are more and some of these may have been there, I only went 3 nights and the results were not readily available this year.

Cassill and Gosselin were in the Truck race at Daytona. Since it got rained out Friday night, they were there Saturday, so they probably just didn’t have time to get over to NSS for the World Series.

[QUOTE=Edm;42777]Here is a list of drivers that come to mind that have either been prominent drivers in the area or been around past speedweeks that I didn’t see this year.

Jimmy Blewett- retired from what I understand
Donny Lia
Derrick Kelly
Sam Watts
Rich Clouser
Bobby Good
Landon Cassill
Louie Mechalides I thought for sure he would be there
Eddie Mercer
Drew Brannon
Joe Winchell
Johanna Long
Travis Cope
Chad Pierce
Wayne Anderson
Jermy Colangolo Sp?
Jeff Scolfield
I didnt see Ted Christopher in a late model at all this year.
Was hoping to see Mario Gosselin

I am sure there are more and some of these may have been there, I only went 3 nights and the results were not readily available this year.[/QUOTE]

Jimmy Blewett just signed a Mod Tour contract with Reggie Ruggiero so we hope to see him back in 2011…

Donny Lia was walking around the stands Thursday night but is running a full-time truck with SS Green Light this year…

Sam Watts was behind the wheel of Austin Pickens #63 Ltd Late Model on the night we eventually got fogged out…

Bobby Good drove a Crate Late Model for the entire World Series…

Drew Brannon drove on Thursday night in the Crate class and was hoping to run Friday as well…

Joe Winchell got his car tore up at CCMP back at the beginning of Jan., Saw him at Lil’ 500 and said he just didn’t have the funds to run this year. (he was hoping to run the pass race but said the car was too tore up)

Johanna Long is a funding issue as well… not to mention that contract talks with Crew Chief Freddy Query broke down earlier this year leaving the team without a crew chief for the time being…

Chad Pierce was there spotting for several drivers throughout the week…

Jeremy Colangelo finished up his contract with Mark Martin Performance in 2009 and is exploring new opportunities for the coming year but as of yet does not have a ‘big car’ ride… He does have a couple Legends cars that he said he is working on to hopefully run a little this year…

Ted Christopher has not been in the Cushman SLM for a few years now… focusing more on the Modified…

Hope this helps Ed… I talked to a lot of people this week and those are the scoops that I have for some of the drivers on your list… Hope this sheds a little light on it!

Rich Clouser and Bobby Sears decided it was way too much money for them to spend for the World Series and they rather keep what they would have spent and use it during the year which makes sense since they don’t have a huge budget. Rich had wanted to race the Pete Orr Memorial but didn’t. But watch for Rich this year in the Super Late.

When I talked to Wayne Anderson he simply didn’t want to tear up any of his stuff before the FAST series opener. Could be the same reason there was no Scofield or Cope.

by past years standards,this years world series was fairly tame(not as many destroyed race cars),but there is no way of knowing that going in.