good race @ New Smyrna

Great race last night @ New Smyrna, good crowd also. Longest race I’ve ever seen at the track but stayed interesting. Hope it keeps up. There was a couple things i didn’t understand, bear in mind I know NOBODY in the Hooters, but the 16 ran 3 laps under the black flag and at least when I left he was shown as winning 4th place. Guess I am wrong but I always thought when the black flag waves, you’re out of it, if not the what good is it? can someone please tell me what the rule is? Also, not trying to get management any more down on me than they already are but, when the 50/50 ticket was drawn by the driver, the number should of been read right then and there, by the driver. Why did it have to be carried to the tower to be read by someone there? Before everyone in control gets their blood pressure all up, I’M not accusing anyone of anything. Just saying you would leave yourself open to a little less scrutiny by reading the ticket immediately, by the driver.

Don… as for the 50/50 I totally agree… I was as surprised as you that they were sending the ticket up to me… I figured Gene would just read it from trackside… Unfortunately we had no control over that… it was USAR’s deal… but you are absolutely right…

As for Clay Rogers… the way it was explained to me was, when his score card was pulled it put him 1 lap down and he was the only car on that lap so it didn’t change his finish position…

Hope that helps to clarify everything a little.

All in all it was a pleasure to have the USAR with us last night after such a long absence… Hopefully they will be back soon!

Have been told that the black flag does not always mean you are out but can also mean you are needed for a consultation with an official. Not sure what track that was at but that was what I was told.

Glad you had a good time last night and a good crowd. I have been staying away from racing now for awhile and taking a break. Maybe one day I will want to go back and see a race but so far haven’t yet. Guess that is called “burned out” or something like that.

[B][I]Through many years of racing involvement and race directing, it was always my belief that a black flag meant:

Report to your pit, an explanation will be given to you while you are there.

Black flag DO NOT means instant disqualification as many believe.

A rolled black flag is a warning…don’t do that again (whatever you just did to deserve this warning).[/I][/B]

the 16 ran 3 laps under the black flag and at least when I left he was shown as winning 4th place. Guess I am wrong but I always thought when the black flag waves, you’re out of it, if not the what good is it?

from the FASCAR rule book:
http://newsmyrnaspeedway.org/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=107&Itemid=117
20. Black Flag: The BLACK FLAG is a CONSULTATION flag. If a car smokes excessively, it will be Black Flagged for consultation. If you bring out the caution unassisted, 3 TIMES, you will be Black Flagged and sent to the Pits for the remainder of your race.

this is typical of circle track racing. you can get a black flag for dragging body panels, leaking fluid, engine fire, etc and when you report to the corner worker he may even help you fix the car. pull off the loose body panel or shoot the car with a fire extinguisher or something.

you might also get flagged for jumping a start ( normally a two position penalty ) or for causing a wreck.

if a black flag was displayed for driving actions on the race track and it got ignored … i would hope that would result in a DQ.

Thanks

[QUOTE=Voice of NSS;45138]Don… as for the 50/50 I totally agree… I was as surprised as you that they were sending the ticket up to me… I figured Gene would just read it from trackside… Unfortunately we had no control over that… it was USAR’s deal… but you are absolutely right…

As for Clay Rogers… the way it was explained to me was, when his score card was pulled it put him 1 lap down and he was the only car on that lap so it didn’t change his finish position…

All in all it was a pleasure to have the USAR with us last night after such a long absence… Hopefully they will be back soon![/QUOTE]
Well I’m sure no harm wa done, it was just something I noticed. I dont understand the 16 finish , the black flag waved 3-4 laps so that would put him down 3-4 laps, i don’t believe the 07 was that far down, but still it was a good race.

thanks

[QUOTE=Voice of NSS;45138]Don… as for the 50/50 I totally agree… I was as surprised as you that they were sending the ticket up to me… I figured Gene would just read it from trackside… Unfortunately we had no control over that… it was USAR’s deal… but you are absolutely right…

All in all it was a pleasure to have the USAR with us last night after such a long absence… Hopefully they will be back soon![/QUOTE]

A very reasonable explanation, at least the 50/50 one. I dont agree with the black flag deal, it waved 3-4 laps, that would put him down 3-4 laps. I’m pretty sure the 07 was less than 3-4 laps down. But still, it was a good race, I hope they are back soon.

I was listening to USAR control on the scanner and they did wave the black flag for him. They pulled his card on the last lap which placed him a lap down but still in 4th.

I was sorry to see Benny Gordon put himself out so early. Racing hard just a few laps in.

they have some screwy scoring with that series.guys a lap down starting behind guys multiple laps down.putting people on the led lap from multiple laps down.thought that karma found clay rogers after he took out the 23(morgan)earlier in the race.not a whole lot of racign up front but alot further back.thought that stephen nasse did well considering usar cars are alot differant to drive than late models