More classics.

20 years ago. Pit shots at Desoto speedway at the 1990 Ice Breaker.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LD1KImLfJk0

I am dumping a 1990 Late Model race in the editor now. I love it when we have a rainout. Don’t make much money but I get to play. Bob…

1990 DeSoto Late Model

Bob…had forgotten about this…thanks for the memories…have to tell Dale Thompson he is on film…this had to be around the same time we were racing at Sunshine! Boy…lots of cars!

3 things you dont see anymore

1- open trailers 2- big names at the track 3 full pits , its a shame. good job Bob brings back a lot of memories.

More Bob More!

I am still trying to upload a 1990 late Model race but it has failed 3 times. I can’t figure out whats causing it to fail. I’ll keep trying. Bob…

There are a lot of cars I remember but can’t think of the drivers’ names and plenty I did not recognize at all…
Some I did: Dickie Anderson, Duane Burroughs, Ron Young, Shane Russ, Lee Faulk, Billy Bigley, Jr., Ted Hodgdon, Johnny Cochran, Casey Hawthorne, Charlie Ragan, Jr., Butch Yoakam, Jack Cook and Gary Bradberry.

Good Eye!

Good job Dave. You remember more than me an I shot it. LOL! I have got 27 years of video and most of it is in pretty good shape. I need to find a better way to upload to utube. It takes so long and it almost always fails at least 2 or 3 times. I have 1990 late model race that has failed 6 times now and I can’t figure out whats wrong and they don’t offer much help at all. I’ll keep trying. Bob…

1990 Icebreaker

Bob…Out of Curiousity I played it again and counted 49 cars give or take…Only knew a few like Cope,Bontrager.Bigley,Burrows,Yokum,Dickey,Grubbs,Till and of course Pletcher (our car). Not sure whom was driving the Purple Grape #56. Richard would of known them all. Don’t recognize the open trailer we have, but it looks like the old Gypsy Funeral Wagon truck as Fred Hawkins dubbed it. That thing had running water and a house light switch. Wonder if anyone out there has a program from that race? You can tell the economy was real good at that time…little did we know!

Hey Nancy, That purple 56 was Earl Savages car. I am not sure who was driving it then. It was probably Jr Percell, or it could have been Billy Torksdorf. Several people drove it over the years. Bob…