Good Racing!

Every one that wasn’t at Citrus last night missed a good Show. Man what a night of racing, And topped off with a real Figure Eight race. Wild and wooly. Any one thats been around racing in this area for a while knows rocking Rodney Davis. Mr excitement of the figure eight circuit. Critter runs a tight show. Its bam bam, lets go. I was impressed with the way they ran their show. I don’t know a lot of their Drivers by name yet but those I do know that won were Mark Peterson, won the Sportsman feature with a Fred Hawkins prerared car. A beautiful ride. Robby Cooper won in the OWM. Wayne Calkins won the Figure Eight. We need to get those Figure Eight cars in Punta Gorda when they aren’t running at Citrus or A-Dale. I really enjoyed that race. I wanted to lay my camera down and watch. …But I didn’t…
Thanks Bob…

Always thrilling!!

[QUOTE=flvideo;45647]Every one that wasn’t at Citrus last night missed a good Show. Man what a night of racing, And topped off with a real Figure Eight race. Wild and wooly. Any one thats been around racing in this area for a while knows rocking Rodney Davis. Mr excitement of the figure eight circuit. Critter runs a tight show. Its bam bam, lets go. I was impressed with the way they ran their show. I don’t know a lot of their Drivers by name yet but those I do know that won were Mark Peterson, won the Sportsman feature with a Fred Hawkins prerared car. A beautiful ride. Robby Cooper won in the OWM. Wayne Calkins won the Figure Eight. We need to get those Figure Eight cars in Punta Gorda when they aren’t running at Citrus or A-Dale. I really enjoyed that race. I wanted to lay my camera down and watch. …But I didn’t…
Thanks Bob…[/QUOTE]
Hey Bob, I really miss those figure-8 races, and sounds like you saw another good one!! I live 25 miles north of Mooresville N.C. now and go to a lot of tracks, but haven’t seen any figure-8’s. The rivalries of the Millers and the Meyers, along with the Grenowize(spelled that wrong) Clyde Cole,Dennis Abney,Rockin Rodney,and lots more at Sunshine,A-dale, Citrus, and DeSoto in the 80’s are unforgetable racing memories!! I’ve got some of those on tape that you filmed at DeSoto, do you remember me and my wife Kim? Her dad (Gene Tharpe) built DeSoto (drag strip and oval). Let us hear from you, hope your family are doing great! Rick & Kim Coody

Yes Rick I remember you and Kim. I also remember her Dad and Stanley. They were still there when I started at Desoto in 1983. That race last night brought back all those memorys of the eighty’s and the pro Figure Eight races. I couldn’t believe Rockin Rodney is still wheeling a Figure Eight. He the old Rodney we all loved or hated as I am sure some did. The crowd loved all those rivilrys,Meyers and Miller. Do you remember the night Cltde and Bill Miller hit in the intersectiion at Desoto. Man what a hit. I’ll see if I can find it and post it. Those were the days Rick. Good to hear from you all. Bob…

Wtg Robbie & Wayne!!!

Congratulations! I also agree on the figure 8 races…especially if Wayne is in it! the most hair raising, nerve shattering racing ever… Sounds like da CRITTER did it again. I can hardly wait til January for our Dennis Boyd race!
carolwicks aka OZ

Hey Robert, Bobert and Andy… you still with me for this race??? :wink:

ya but you have Bowman Gray in Winston Salem, NC

As far as I know Carol. If I’m still breathing we’ll be there! Happy Mudders Day too by the way! Jan what? Bob…

don’t forget about jimmy cherrys boy michael cherry

ithink he won four in row at citrus and bunch at auburn dale but he is in carolinas racing nascar d-4-d and when he can get away he gets on plane and comes down here starts in back goe’s to front — gene tharpe was bad racer also i remember you i’m dennis abneys uncle ron from old figure eight days back with arron colier - dan daughtry - lester sloan -bill miller and charlie myres gang back when they had cow catchers on front of them

when you got hit it knocked the motor out of your car :ernaehrung004:

Count me in

I will be there

Don’t Forget About The Six-mile Creek Gang.

Jerry Rogers 1986
Rusty Crews
Danny Hill
John Grimm
Red Van
Shorty Smith

1985 Won 34 Out Of 36 At A- Dale

Man I ain’t heard those names for years. Are they all still kicking? Bob…

not sure yet…

Im waiting to hear if january 8 is good with Critter… will let you know as soon as i do… i love u guys. can always count on you… thanks! had an awesome Moms day. my kids took me on a dinner cruise from Fishermans Village to Boca and back. it was so nice…
carol aka OZ aka Wixy

Good Carol I am glad to hear you had a good moms day. I took my wify and 1 of our sons to lunch Friday and wify and oldest grandson Sunday. We had a good day too. Just let me know the date as soon as you can so I can try to arrange to get someone to shoot PGS for me. Luv ya. Bob…