Make Carl Edwards sit out a race

I looked at the video a few times and it appeared to me like Brad was riding up the track on Carl coming off turn 4 to the straightaway. They made contact and Brad was sent spinning. Didn’t look like any of Carl’s doings. Brad just drove up into him.

Sorry John, Carl admitted he did it on purpose as a payback to what happened in turn one. As for those of you that want to demonize Brad (Todder)for things that happened in the past it really doesn’t apply to this incident, this was just plain DIRTY on Carl’s part. GO BRAD!!! By the way, Carl could’t carry Dale Sr’s jock strap

for those of you that want to demonize Brad (Todder)for things that happened in the past it really doesn’t apply to this incident

BS.

what Brad did in this race was pure chickenshit.

bump’n’run when the track is single groove ( like Bristol used to be ) is just fine. there’s no other way to get anywhere and everybody is doing it. go forward or get moved high, ain’t nobody waiting.

bump’n’run when the track is two groove is permissible. especially if he’s running apex to wall to apex and refusing to offer the faster car running behind him an option. if the dipstick in front won’t even offer you the slow line, take the fast line from him. but you’d damn well better get away from the guy you just gave some too, because it’s coming back if he can get too you. ( see Gordon/Kenseth from earlier this year )

on a track that’s four grooves wide, and with the leader giving you room for two full lanes on the bottom ( look here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t2PZicO2P8Q#t=3m24s ), never even attempting the “shorter distance vs higher rpm” battle and just flat out punting the leader in the LR ( so he goes out on the marbles where he has no chance ) is completely unacceptable.

here’s the replay from the green flag:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t2PZicO2P8Q#t=1m7s

the fact is that in 3/4 on two to go, Keselowski f’d himself by overcooking the corner. Carl never touched him. so, panicking, Brad drove into 1 and attacked Carl instead of just driving a good, smooth, skilled lower line. you saw the restart. Brad beat Carl decisively through 1/2 the first time. all Brad has to do is not be an idiot in 3/4 and he’s got the race won, and he probably could have accomplished the whole job on the white flag lap if he had just buckled down and done his job instead of screwing with his opponent.

remember how i just pointed out the HUGE amount of room Carl gave Brad on the bottom? listen to Brad lie about what he did in the after race interview:
http://www.nascar.com/video/nationwide-series/2010/07/17/nns_gat_high_post.nascar/index.html

Carl had me pinned down … it took air off my car

you lying little sack of SHIT. you had all the room in the world. Carl didn’t “pin” anything. the ONLY reason you were near Carl’s LR is because you were aiming for it.

this lying isn’t new either. this is exactly what Keselowski did last year when he was chasing Hamlin all over the track. he’d either intentionally wreck Hamlin or he’d chase Hamlin ( because by the end of the season, Hamlin was driving out of his mirror trying to stay away from Brad ) into the wall. then he’d come off the track and say “Oh, it was just one of them there racing deals”. or even go so far as to blame Hamlin for it.

it’s safe to do that to Hamlin though. Hamlin will give you a 360 spin with no damage to your car and call it “even” after you cost him a half dozen cars and several wins. so i guess the lesson here is: Bully Hamlin, he likes it?

you watch Bob Keselowski’s post race interview and you can see who taught Brad to lie about what he was doing. Bob knows damn well what Brad is up too.

oh, and derf had a comment about Harvick not liking what Carl did on the other board.

i’ll explain to you right now why Harvick is trying to pretend to be a badass about what he’d do in this situation. this chickenshit move i’m going to show you here is almost identical to the chickenshit move that Keselowski pulled at Gateway:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q96E7h5QGjI

there are two differences between these cases:
1 - Carl is a much better driver than Logano and actually saved the car
2 - Carl doesn’t need his daddy to tell him how to handle the situation

[I]I looked at the video a few times and it appeared to me like Brad was  riding up the track on Carl coming off turn 4 to the straightaway. [/I]

the only reason he’s “drifting up” into Carl is because Carl is taking an artificial line 3 lanes off of the wall. ignore Brad/Carl and watch the cars behind them come off of four to see the natural line. it’s a sweep to the wall.

Carl’s low corner exit from the outside is every bit as intentional as Brad’s high corner entry from the inside at the other end of the track.

you don’t like getting fendered, you damn well better not play the game. you especially better not do it to a guy who is trying to pass you clean on the outside. because, for the guy on the outside, his natural target is your RR.

exactly as we see above.

ps - Craven did an excellent job in the booth. i hope he puts Darrell and Rusty out of work.