What did Rogers say?

Didnt want to hijack the other thread where i saw this, but what did David Rogers say in Victory Lane? - Boney said it was some smack talk. Combine that with his previous Tim Russell drama and he is getting fiesty in his old age!

Yes, somebody let us know what was said. Did they get into it on track again?

It was an excellent 50 lapper with lots of passing, repassing and door to door racing. There were 10 or 12 cars in that field that went at it to the delight of the fans.

The last 25 laps or saw found David Rogers leading and Todd Allen running in second. I can’t explain the difference, but David’s car pulled away from Todd’s by 1 or 2 car lengths every straight, and Todd closed back in very quickly in the corners. Todd pulled alongside a few times and really put the pressure on. There was some contact here or there, but everyone made it to the checkers.

Ok, then David and Todd parked in victory circle, and Mark came down to interview them. I’m going from memory here, so don’t freak out if someone posts a video that sounds a little different, but David was describing how most of the other drivers drove cleanly, but then in an obvious reference to Todd Allen said something like “I guess some of them hang around with bulldogs because they get a little rough. Well, when they do that it ticks me off and I just drive away from them!” (he did open a small lead in the last few laps) He got a pretty good laugh from the fans!

David Rogers and his team raced Friday night at Pensacola, drove back 7 or 8 hours, then raced again that night at NSS. He had a colorful debate in the drivers meeting too. Old guys rule!

[QUOTE=Boneman;51115]It was an excellent 50 lapper with lots of passing, repassing and door to door racing. There were 10 or 12 cars in that field that went at it to the delight of the fans.

The last 25 laps or saw found David Rogers leading and Todd Allen running in second. I can’t explain the difference, but David’s car pulled away from Todd’s by 1 or 2 car lengths every straight, and Todd closed back in very quickly in the corners. Todd pulled alongside a few times and really put the pressure on. There was some contact here or there, but everyone made it to the checkers.

Ok, then David and Todd parked in victory circle, and Mark came down to interview them. I’m going from memory here, so don’t freak out if someone posts a video that sounds a little different, but David was describing how most of the other drivers drove cleanly, but then in an obvious reference to Todd Allen said something like “I guess some of them hang around with bulldogs because they get a little rough. Well, when they do that it ticks me off and I just drive away from them!” (he did open a small lead in the last few laps) He got a pretty good laugh from the fans!

David Rogers and his team raced Friday night at Pensacola, drove back 7 or 8 hours, then raced again that night at NSS. He had a colorful debate in the drivers meeting too. Old guys rule![/QUOTE]
I love the way David always just kinda stays in the hunt till close to the end. By that time everyones used their stuff up, he’s always there. Why did he pull away coming out of the turns? because he had saved his equipment and was getting back into it sooner. Lots and lots of drivers could learn from this.

sorry, forgot to add, probably the reason Todd ran him down going in was because David was still saving his stuff. I believr you use up tires etc a lot more in the turns than down the straight. I love watching David Race.

Actually, Rogers was having handling problems and couldnt get the car down in the turns. I was listening to him on the scanner. He got faster when he let the car “go” in the corners and quit fighting it.

The last 25 laps or saw found David Rogers leading and Todd Allen running in second. I can’t explain the difference, but David’s car pulled away from Todd’s by 1 or 2 car lengths every straight

because Todd Allen wasnt smooth enough with the throttle and hed get loose coming out.

I that Todd’s car was actually a limited late model.