Donations Needed. Niece Dies Texting While Driving

Hello everyone,

I’ve started a non-profit organization named, Racers Against Texting While Driving, after my 18 year old niece was killed texting while driving. We raced sprints for 12 years had have retired.

We are asking for new, or very good condition sprint car parts and money donations, to build a special 2 seat & street legal sprint car to campaign with for our cause. More information below.

Two months ago my niece Alley was killed texting while driving her car. To those who don’t believe that texting while driving is not a issue or dangerous my niece proves that it can & will happen although she was a “good driver”.
She turned around on a gravel road and was texting her boyfriend for directions ran a stop sign and crossed the intersection of the highway. She was hit broadside on the driver’s side door at 55 mph. We thank the Lord that she did not suffer.

I hope this is a lesson to all her young friends and college mates that texting while driving is too much of a distraction. The problem is our young people are so resilient we’re concerned that in a few short months they will go right back to texting. So we need to campaign our cause as much as we can.
Our goal is to bring together both parents and teen drivers to educate and teach them about the essential need for non-distracted driving and how this one change in behavior can make a difference in reducing the incidence of fatal crashes for drivers aged 15-19. Loosing a child to something so preventable is a terrible and senseless thing to endure.

In searching for a way to make Alley’s death more than just a statistic we’ve decided to do anything we can to make a difference. We have built a single seat street legal winged sprint car for a customer in South Dakota.

The project now is to build a two-seat sprint that we can use as a “tool"to educate everyone about the dangers of texting while driving. Apx. 85% of the car will use off the shelf parts of the dirt racing sprints We are planning on attending Eagle Raceway & other tracks, car shows and related type advents. The Nebraska State Patrol is excited that we’ll be joining them in several " Promote Safety” events next year beside their “roll Over simulator”.

We will be attending the Eagle Raceway Annual Christmas Party on December 5 2010, and
the awards banquet on January 8 2011, for donations.

In searching for a way to make Alley’s death more than just a statistic we’ve decided to do anything we can to make a difference. We have built a single seat street legal winged sprint car for a customer in South Dakota.

The project now is to build a two-seat sprint that we can use as a “tool"to campaign with and educate everyone about the dangers of texting while driving. Apx. 85% of the car will use off the shelf parts of the dirt racing sprints We are planning on attending car races car shows and related type advents. The Nebraska State Patrol is excited that we’ll be joining them in several " Promote Safety” events next year beside their “roll Over simulator”.

We’re asking for donations.

We will accept only new or very good condition used parts, because of safety concerns.

If you happen to know of any team or owner that would give to our charity, please let me know, or they may call me anytime. We do have a Winters that was raced three times and fuel shell.

We have the website below, but it needs a lot of work to get it to the point we need, so we’re contacting a professional. If there’s anyone that can help, please contact us.

http://www.racersagainsttextingwhiledriving.Com/
We’ve also just started our email address below and PayPal account. Please contact me for your donation. Checks are also accepted.
PayPal account address & email. 2seatsprint@gmail.com

GREAT NEWS !

I spoke with the editor Rob Fisher of "Circle Track magazine"and the two seat build and the story of Alley texting while driving will be featured article. I have pasted our email conversation below and will be talking details this week. I will ask Rob if we can include the sprint car part sponsors & your IMCA sanctioning body, but I’m positive he will.
This will be very exciting for the sprint Alley and the campaign against texting and driving ! Being a racer how much better can it get for all of this to be in such a great world wide publication magazine to aid in getting weariness about this deadly and addictive problem in our country.
This magazine is the best there is for all circle track racing
Here’s the link and the email is below.
http://www.circletrack.com/index.html

Thank you for your time and we hope we can work together for parts and donations, for this very important campaign and unique way of drawing attention to this cause. Please feel free to call anytime.

Sincerely,
Kevin & Patty Gilmore
550 David lane
Eagle Ne. 68347

402-781-2322 (anytime,central time)
President-
Racers Against Texting While Driving.

EMAIL START-

-------Original Message-------

Date: 12/16/2009 9:41:32 AM
To: cobrakev@galaxycable.net
Subject: Circle Track inquiry

Hi Kevin I am interested in your two-seater sprint car build. Could be a really fun article.
Feel free to contact me at any of the numbers below and we can discuss in more detail.

Thanks,Rob
Rob Fisher
Editor
Circle Track Magazine
9036 Brittany Way
Tampa FL 33619
813-675-3525:O
813-277-4848:c
813-675-3556:f
robert.fisher@sorc.com

Circle Track Magazine - The #1 Source for Advanced Racing Technology