To Jack Smith

First, thanks Jack for all you hard work with this site… You know that I will do anything you need, all you have to do is ask… don’t be afraid to do so…
This kind of stuff is a labor of love for all of us… Although I do get paid to announce at Auburndale, I also write, do the website and run their Facebook page and get nothing much in return… When someone says “thank you” that is more than enough…
It is because of Jack Smith that I am able to have a website dedicated to preserving the history of racing in Florida… I just wish I had more time to devote to it, but the thing is bigger than I ever thought it would be…
Hopefully you will be able to get around more in 2011 which I thing is going to begin a big rebound year for racing in general…

me too dave…

Jack has given us a place to meet, a place to share information…some personal and some even race related…:wink:
anyone who devotes their time to trying to make things better is open to thanks and also ridicule… thats all part of sharing feelings. i just hate to see people who really try hard to help and get insulted. we have to be strong. lol
alot of what volunteers do goes un noticed… thats sad because they are usually insulted by those who never do a thing but complain. unless someone on this board gets really vulgar, very cruel, or does not abide by the general guidelines, they will not be banned without being warned… if they persist in not following the rules then after warnings they can and most likely will be…
Jack doesnt read the board unless someone emails him and complains. he cannot be subjected to stress which will complicate his recovery… he isnt dying, thank God, but he is ill and in alot of pain… he is also in debt due to enormous medical expenses and alot of gas traveling to the dr. in St. pete from North Port. Jack has NEVER asked for help. NEVER!
ive heard alot of people say there are only a couple that come on here and write. BUT i have talked to just about every driver and every track owner and they all READ it…
so please dont give up and dont jump to conclusions about things written. some of the information is reliable and some not… some of it just alot of fun… example don vs Moe…
this board is for your entertainment and for news on the racing highway… enjoy it but dont take it serious and dont be offended. we all know your mommy doesnt wear army boots! of course some do but its to protect our country! The Thanksgiving holiday soon approaches… lets share some things that we can be truly gratefu:)l for… have a nice day. off to see Bobby play soccer.
carol wicks aka oz

This was a gut-wrenching week for some KARNAC staff. I feel for the folks involved. I know them, and understand they are good and decent people who happen to love a sport that is competitive and sometimes cut-throat. I hope everyone takes a deep breath, and that things find their level.

You know the old saying, nothing is certain but change.