Why??

So a couple weeks ago Kyle Busch gets charged with speeding on pit road, gets held a lap, today Kevin Harvick charged with speeding and gets sent to the rear of the longest lap. Notice i said “Charged” not caught, each time. I happen to doubt either was speeding. Soo, is there a set penality for speeding or is it used to make things turn out the way they want it??? Kinda like a “nose infraction” after a 100 lap race.

That is why I stoped watching nascar! All of there stuff is messed up, random charges for things and letting people wreck each other. Now it is just a tv show and the drivers don’t have to do anything. They need to go back to some short track stuff!(Ex.If you wreck someone you need to go to the back)

The standard penalty for speeding on pit road is tail end of the longest line. However, Kyle Busch sped on pit road to avoid going a lap down by the pace car. So he was held for the lap.

Tuna. 200 lap race nose infraction.
rhe body is checked before timetriles rember thats why they were late. so the nose was not checked or it was changed? Dont no wasent there.just saying

dumbo, also gave the official the finger!, but nascar needs to do across the board not pick and choose!

[QUOTE=Don Nerone;55809]Tuna. 200 lap race nose infraction.
rhe body is checked before timetriles rember thats why they were late. so the nose was not checked or it was changed? Dont no wasent there.just saying[/QUOTE]
I understand the theory Don, I wasn’t there either. Just saying!! 100 lap, 150 lap, 200 lap, point is the nose and every part on the thing will change during the race, I KNOW you know that Don. And when do they have time to change much in that race? Theres enough officials walking around there to have a few on pit road to watch whats going on during the race. I know, I bitch too much, oh well thats why I dont go and a lot of others dont either.
And the attitude is if don’t go I shouldn’t say anything, they’re right, thats why so many don’t go.

dumbo

[QUOTE=rknhvc09;55812]dumbo, also gave the official the finger!, but nascar needs to do across the board not pick and choose![/QUOTEYes, he gave them the finger, and THAT was a 2 lap penality, so it has nothing to do with the 1 lap penality for speeding on pit road, dumbo!!
But I now do agree with fisrt penality, he sped to stay on lead lapso they held him. Makes sence, dumbo!!
I also agree with Kevin Harvick, only 2 or 3 officials see the speed tester, whats the big secret??? The speed board should be placed at the start, middle and end of pit road, in plain sight!! This has been questionable at best for yrs. In old days I’ve seen Rusty get speeding penalties all the time, many times picked out of the middle of the line.

nascar can do any thing they want to . and call any call

if some one is too far out front and they want . they can have an invisible something on track , and put out a yellow

they never dreamed harvick would get out of pits first how do you speed coming into pits with two cars in front of you

it did not matter to me who won i would have rather seen 48 blow up isstead of the 24 and pewe herman # 20 logano i wish he had have took out hamlin if hamlin had of won they would have had to haul his head home in semi trailer can’t you see hamlin being the champion

as much bull shi$ rcr wemt tru this year they should have won

[QUOTE=ronabneysr;55842]if some one is too far out front and they want . they can have an invisible something on track , and put out a yellow

they never dreamed harvick would get out of pits first how do you speed coming into pits with two cars in front of you

it did not matter to me who won i would have rather seen 48 blow up isstead of the 24 and pewe herman # 20 logano i wish he had have took out hamlin if hamlin had of won they would have had to haul his head home in semi trailer can’t you see hamlin being the champion

as much bull shi$ rcr wemt tru this year they should have won[/QUOTE]I agree about the 48, although I have nothing against him, its just time for someone else. I never really noticed about Hamlin having a big head, It DARNED sure isn’t any bigger than Harvicks, But I’m with you, I would like to see RCR win one again. And I STILL say the penaltie is SUPPOSED tb be back to the end of the longest line, period. Makes no differance why you were speeding, IF you really were. Throw out debris for a caution, heck it doesnt matter if you have anything to throw any how, it depends on who you were. BUT, rather see Johnson blow up than Gordon?? I personally can’t imagine getting more satisfaction out of seeing ANYONE blow up than Gordon. That 24 is one beautiful car when it blows up.

[I]"NASCAR changes two pit-road rules for 2010

NASCAR has changed two pit-road rules, one to keep drivers from being penalized when they are not at fault and another to keep drivers from exploiting the rules.

The changes, which apply to the Sprint Cup, Nationwide and Camping World Truck series, were revealed by NASCAR officials Thursday during a session to go over pit-road rules with select media.

A driver can no longer speed down pit road to avoid being lapped. In the past, if a driver needed repairs to his car on pit road, the team would work as long as possible and then the driver would speed down pit road to remain on the lead lap. The penalty would send him to the tail end of the longest line ? where the driver would be anyway because the time spent on pit road would put him at the back of the field.

Now a driver caught speeding down pit road in an attempt to beat the caution car would either be held at the end of pit road or be forced to stop on the track and give the lap back."[/I]

This is the rule…

[QUOTE=Racer101;55919][I]"NASCAR changes two pit-road rules for 2010

NASCAR has changed two pit-road rules, one to keep drivers from being penalized when they are not at fault and another to keep drivers from exploiting the rules.

The changes, which apply to the Sprint Cup, Nationwide and Camping World Truck series, were revealed by NASCAR officials Thursday during a session to go over pit-road rules with select media.

A driver can no longer speed down pit road to avoid being lapped. In the past, if a driver needed repairs to his car on pit road, the team would work as long as possible and then the driver would speed down pit road to remain on the lead lap. The penalty would send him to the tail end of the longest line ? where the driver would be anyway because the time spent on pit road would put him at the back of the field.

Now a driver caught speeding down pit road in an attempt to beat the caution car would either be held at the end of pit road or be forced to stop on the track and give the lap back."[/I]

This is the rule…[/QUOTE]
If thats true then its ok. Where did you read the rule?

More important…

Who read the speed indicator??? Why is it so secrative?

http://www.scenedaily.com/news/articles/sprintcupseries/NASCAR_changes_two_pit-road_rules_for_2010.html
It’s also listed on Jayski, but not worded as nicely as what I quoted.

As for who reads the speed indicator, I don’t know. Maybe they should find a way to integrate that graphic into the race broadcast. That would take away a lot of the questioning. But it’s not like they can’t find a way to make the numbers say whatever they want them to say anyway.

[QUOTE=Racer101;56043]http://www.scenedaily.com/news/articles/sprintcupseries/NASCAR_changes_two_pit-road_rules_for_2010.html
It’s also listed on Jayski, but not worded as nicely as what I quoted.

As for who reads the speed indicator, I don’t know. Maybe they should find a way to integrate that graphic into the race broadcast. That would take away a lot of the questioning. But it’s not like they can’t find a way to make the numbers say whatever they want them to say anyway.[/QUOTEyou ars absolutle right!! And they do!!