Elliott wins Snowflake

If there was ANY doubt he was for real (and I dont expect many arguments on that)… He drove from dang near last in his last chance race to win it then passed every car on the track in the Snowflake. I have seen alot of racing in my life - this was one of the most impressive things i have ever seen. If the car passes tech - and maybe even if it doesnt - I was blown away at the way he saved his stuff while passing people 2-3 a lap at times. Augie took his usual half lap lead and Elliott tracked him down - in the last ten laps he opened nearly a half track lead.

Landon Cassil was almost as impressive coming in second. Look for both tomorrow.

Last nights mod/sportsman racing was a fiasco - 4 hrs for two 50 lappers - but this was worth every penny!

Just looked at results - Bolen and Hemric finished well and started alongside Elliott in the back, nobody had the speed he had though.

Sweet, I listened online, kills me not to be there, can’t wait to listen to the derby tomorrow. Does anyone know if Balough is there or helping someone?

Gary has been their all week.

I talked to Gary and Robert Hamke on Friday. Gary looks great and was having a great time.

Bubba I have been going to races for over 40 years…

…and that kid drove one of the most impressive races I have ever seen. I have been going to the Snowball a long time to, and last night was the first time I have seen a standing ovasion{sp} for anyone. You are right, if everything else this was a dud, last night made the whole trip worth the time and effort!

This kid is positively FOR REAL. Might be the most talented racer since Tony Stewart and Kyle Busch.

The question is who does he sign with for NASCAR? I would hope Bill would get him to Roush since he was a Ford guy “most” of his career. Just hoping he doesn’t go to a Toyota team a la Joey Logano and Kyle Busch. We don’t need another great talent driving for Toyota.

Understand Elliott is being looked at as a driver for the new Volvo Cup team that will begin racing in 2014…

[QUOTE=bubba;57202]If there was ANY doubt he was for real (and I dont expect many arguments on that)… He drove from dang near last in his last chance race to win it then passed every car on the track in the Snowflake. I have seen alot of racing in my life - this was one of the most impressive things i have ever seen. If the car passes tech - and maybe even if it doesnt - I was blown away at the way he saved his stuff while passing people 2-3 a lap at times. Augie took his usual half lap lead and Elliott tracked him down - in the last ten laps he opened nearly a half track lead.

Landon Cassil was almost as impressive coming in second. Look for both tomorrow.

Last nights mod/sportsman racing was a fiasco - 4 hrs for two 50 lappers - but this was worth every penny![/QUOTE]

In a word yes there are still doughts. I have seen other do the something and not made it to nascar.

Just look at Rich Bickle, Gary Balough, Tammy Jo Kirk and several others who gave NASCAR a shot but never made it for various reasons… There are so many young drivers out there right now competing for the few NASCAR rides that are available, which will be even fewer in 2011…
Two sure ways to get to NASCAR:

1. Have a daddy - Bill Elliott - with plenty of clout…
  2. Secure a big-money sponsor and bring your own clout with you…

Not sure what you mean, Rick. My point was that he has absolutely proven to have the talent and with Bill’s name (and sponsors already Aarons, Ford, Red Bull, Dell, HP, the list is a mile long) - no doubt he will be able to make it go. The only thing that might be a question is whether a 15 yr old changes their mind on what they feel like doing. Unlike Martin’s kid, though - he seems totally driven by racing.

Listening to him on the scanner during practice was just as impressive. He was providing solid feedback on every run and really getting some good advice from his crew/dad. That train will be leaving the station the second he turns 18 - or sooner if they can finagle it - and I for one will be on it.

He never laid a bumper to anyone all weekend and took what people gave him. Very mature for his age.

I will definitely be a Chase Elliot fan when he does get where he’s going! I consider him a home town boy since he ran all the Blizzards!