OK...weigh in on this....

just a few pic’s

fair grounds early 80’s buzzie reutimann

hey bob you know brownie took me to my first race. I think i was 12 and you are so old you might have been racing there then.
Billy Gill and Ray Bontrager what a show.

don62

could be. I was so far in the back I couldn’t even see the leaders. Browny was a good ole guy. I have some really good memories of him. Do you remember Fred Hawkins when ne had a affro hair doo and he was skinny? Lydecker phillpot that relal tall guy that had a trucking business. I can’t remember, I think I just remembered. Was it huffstetler? He was something at Desoto when I went there first too. Maybe flagman? I saw billy Gill at Harold Halls funeral he really looks good. Bob…

OSW by far smooth,fast. Can run four wide, plenty of passing room. and like Boneman said FASCAR USE THE FIGURE EIGHT!!, not just for parking the wrecker:) And not to Metion we have the BIGGEST BADDEST and FASTEST School bus Figure racing Anywhere,

p.s…Cant leave out New Symrna because your flying!!! Nearly 90mph in a Stricty Stock!

Gun have you seen the buses at Desoto or Citrus. They are pretty quick although I have never been at OSW when they had the buses racing. Bob…

considering i grew up in the Tampa Bay area they would be

Dirt - Eastbay, but they sure haul the mail at Volusia
Asphalt- Citrus County
Sprint Cars - Desoto
Long Gone- Golden Gate
Miss the most- Sunshine Speedway, sitting with the “TRASH IN TURN FOUR”

Winger…the criteria would be…let’s say you were gonna put on a show…a really really phenomenal show…what track would you chose to have it at! What track is racey etc etc

or if you won the lotto which one would you buy…if you were so inclined…or demented LOL

Yeah and we have brought our Buses to both of those tracks, unfortunately for me my partner/cousin won both, when I had problems. The other tracks are not as good for mostly one reason…They cant carry the speed that you can at Orlando. Ive checked the speedo a few time and we can do about 55 mph, if you got a good run down hill maybe 60-65. Dont sound fast fast to most but remember a School bus weighs 10 to 15,000 lbs :huepfen024:

Ha ha you’ve got me there. I don’t think citrus or Desoto approach those speeds with the buses. Desoto had the fastest figure eight track any where when the pro Figure eights ran there in the 80’s. I have no idea of their speed though.

NSS love the speed

My favorite asphalt track used to be Sunshine when the place was hoppin, nothing like watching 25 to 30 late models or TBARA at that place. I seen more fights there than anywhere else I went. If I Had to pick an active one it’s a tossup between Citrus and Desoto.
For dirt it has to be Volusia.

[QUOTE=Rusty the 50/50 Guy;69394]Winger…the criteria would be…let’s say you were gonna put on a show…a really really phenomenal show…what track would you chose to have it at! What track is racey etc etc

or if you won the lotto which one would you buy…if you were so inclined…or demented LOL[/QUOTE]

Using that criteria makes it pretty easy for me. In Florida it would be:
Dirt: East Bay now, Ocala with some changes. ie: more seating, bigger walls and catch fence in corners, entry to track on turn two, and different material for clay. Seating at Ocala is great now but would need to have more for a “really really phenomenal show”.

Asphalt: New Smyrna

If I won the lottery, I would buy a motor home and visit all tracks but I don’t think I’m demented enough to buy any. LOL

Most fun to race: Lakeland
Least fun to spectate: Lakeland
Probably had the most fun racing at Orlando and Desoto. Also great tracks to spectate.Love those tracks!

Ocala for dirt, but never been to East Bay.

For the current tracks still running, it has to be Volusia. I just enjoy the whole setting. The landscape of the whole property is worth the drive. One of the only places I really want to get to early and sit in a lawn chair under the trees and take it all in. For the tracks that are gone, couldn’t beat Hialeah, the minute you walked through the gate, you could feel the history.

past asphalt… desoto
past dirt… eastbay

present ashalt, punta gorda, really like the layout and seems to be a drivers track!
present dirt…ummmm eastbay!!!

I always loved going to Bronson becuse it has such a neat “country” feel to it… I love the pit area there…
Volusia is cool too because of that open “country” feel and the fan parking in turns 1 & 2…

I can’t really comment much on the racing because the only dirt track I’ve been to in the last five years is Volusia but I always see a good show there.

On asphalt, Citrus wins hands-down for the show… But if SpeedWorld had their car count, well, that would be the best show in the State…

No track, nowhere, now or before can compare to Golden Gate… Best atmosphere and layout of any track I’ve ever been to…

Best food I ever ate at a track was at Eldora…