Donnie Tanner has passed away

Just wanted to let everyone know that Donnie Tanner has lost his battle with cancer and has passed away this morning. I will post arrangements as soon as they are made.

We all lost a good friend.

Donnie was one of the most giving guys I have ever meet. He will be in our Prays. God Bless his Family.

[SIZE=“4”]Very sorry to hear the news.

Donnie was a heck of a good racer.

Golden Gate Speedway Program, September, 1975;

[/SIZE]

Just got home from VSP. Joe Dirt made the anouncement at the start of the nights program. Everyone around me let out a sigh. Everbody remembered Donnie and loved to watch him race. He will be missed!

donnie sure will be missed really nice guy

he could drive any thing i remember when he had won about ten early model fetures in row and my brother don abney ran second him and burseyck they told me to ask daddy o marales if he could stay home one night so they could win one we will miss you donnie may you rest in peace

its sad day. we will miss donnie very much, what a class act!!!
thought’s and prayer’s!!!

Donnie will be truly missed among the racing families. ONE THE BEST ON DIRT OR ASPALT. GOD SPEED. Vernon Hart Jr. and Family

He was one hell of a driver and one of the nicest man I ever met!!! Rest in peace Mr Tanner!!!

RIP my man, watched him many times at eastbay.

Prayers

Our prayers go out to the Tanner family. May you Rest In Peace Donnie and no more pain…
Paul and Joanne Lucas
jpracing45@aol.com

It was truly amazing weatching him race those 6 cyl cars at The Gate… would literally lean half his body outside the drivers’ window (no window nets in those days)… Could and would drive anything and win with it… Made an incredible transition to dirt… Anybody know how many track championships Donnie had at East Bay?

I raced with Donnie many times in the 70’s and 80’s and he was one of the best from this area. It’s unusual to find such a mild mannered nice guy, and at the same time an extremely talented race car driver, but he was both.
RIP Donnie.

Does anyone have any pics for Tanners cars from Eastbay from the 90’s?
I bought one of his old cars and would love to find out exactly which car it was…
From what I can gather so far it is a shaw.I knew Tanner as a kid when he use to work out of my uncles shop in the late 60’s.