78 Camaro clip questions?

I just purchased a race car and when I bought it I was told it had a 78 camaro front clip. My question is, is that what they consider a metric car or is it different? any help would be great. Thanks

a metric car is a monte carlo malibu old cutlas buick regal etc thats a metric car. a camero is a leaf spring uni body car

Great thanks

Camaro Clip Handling

Camaro Clip cars are not a metric car. I never ran one of the Camaro Clip Cars myself. I have been told by past experienced racers on here that they are the easiest chassis to make fast and are basically idiot proof if following good advice as often given by racers here.
I heard the big secret is to take both lower a frames off. Turn them upside down. Then swap sides with them and reinstall. Get all parts hooked back up and you are headed in the right direction automatically. It makes them kind of like 1955 - 57 Chevy frames that were so popular for racing for many years.
All roll centers, bump steer, ackerman, ride heights and center of gravity heights are changed greatly not to mention weight transfer ratios. Shock locations are a big trick and will take some experimenting to find the best locations for you application. There are so many tricks of the trade to make race cars handle good. That is the big secret to speed on them and will make them handle real good was what was passed on to me by one who was apparently a very good racer it seemed!
Get it done and it should easily take you toward the front or in some direction if you are a capable driver ! It really helps to get going quickly with good inside info from past experienced racers as I have learned thru the years too.

Good Luck and Happy Racing !

Metric change was about 1978 when GM downsized their bodies (monte carlos,buicks,olds) ,----Camero changed in 82 or 83 (I think) to the Mcferson strut type frontend.

Thank you guys for all your help I really appreciate it.