Urgent News!

Carol

As i’ve known deep down inside, you do have a kind heart. Jack is very fortunate.

Paul and I would like to send our prayers to Jack and his family. May he find comfort in the coming days…You have made so many racing friends and families come together, now it is our turn to make you come together with our prayers. Hang in there my friend, JPRACING45

Like JackTripper, I’ll break my self-imposed absence to post on this. It truly saddens me to hear of Jacks deterioration. My thoughts are with him and his family as well as his close friends, Rick and Carol. Thanks you Carol for posting this information. Rick, stay strong.

I’m so sorry to hear about all the pain you are going through. I appreciate the help and opportunities you’ve provided for me in acclimating to media coverage in Florida. You are a wonderful friend that I love and respect so much. You continue to be in my prayers each day.

If there is anything I can do please let me know. I still remember the first day I met Jack, it was at Lakeland at the racetrack, and he treated me like I had been media all of my life, even though I was only a few months into it. To him I was equal with any other photographer out there. He and Rick have always been nothing but fun to be around and I value my time with both of them. I am truly blessed to have a friend like Jack!!

To Jack, and his family and friends, my thoughts and prayers are with you.

In our prays.

Jack has always been 100% committed to what ever he was involved in. The years of support made our sport stronger. GOD bless him and his Family. They are in our prays.

this is carol

im using jacks pc in the hospital so i can let you know whats going on. right now he is a bit nervous because soon he is going in for the surgery to impant the thing that dispenses the morphine. he will then go to ICU so they can monitor if its working. everything is uncertain. the good news is that jacks vitals are awesome good and his brain is amazing. he remembers everything and is in control. its just the pain… horrid pain…
his daughter will arrive in Ft myers at about 12:30. im hoping she gets here before he goes down there but i doubt it… jack asked me to read some of your good wishes and he cried like a baby because he is overwhelmed by your love… i will stay here as long as i can and will keep you informed. Thank you again for always being there when times are tough. we dont REALLY hate each other… lol right? we just dont know how to play nice. in truth, right now i seriously love all of you. got to go. jack is calling. oh he just said "i want everyone out there in radioland to know i love them and thank you all for your support!
carolwicks

Thanks Carol for the update. Jack you keep positive man, we can beat this thing. Our prayers are with you as you go into surgery. Just know buddy you have a whole community out here pulling and praying for your recovery. We love ya man, stay stong… Bob…

Update!

they just took jack down for the surgery about 1/2 hour ago. he has gone without food or drink since early yesterday! he is in excruciating pain and the drugs they have given him hourly would knock down a rhino. it does little to help him. his wife and daughters are with him and a few friends stopped by.
it was not a good day so please… please pray hard for Jack. thats pretty much all we can do…
i personally want to tell you that i am so proud to know you people. no matter what trash goes on sometimes, you are the kindest most caring people on this earth and i know if im ever in trouble i wont have a worry in the world. it never matters to you who it is. if they are in the racing family, they are taken care of. we all have good and not so good in us. we need to concentrate more on the good and put the petty stuff behind. life is too short… i apologize to anyone for anything i have said to them that hurt them… i am truly sorry.
i will keep you posted. Jack will be in ICU tonight.
carolwicks

Thinking about and praying for you Jack. That pain is horrible.

For Jack

Isn’t it funny how sometimes when something happens, that it has a way of putting things in perspective. Obviously Jack’s situation is very heartbreaking, but through Jack’s love of what he started here, maybe all of the participants on this board, especially old ones we don’t hear from anymore, can come back together again in a civil way, for his sake, and we can all start to have fun on here again. I believe that would be his wish, lets do it for him.

Jack has been a great friend for along time to alot of us, Jack we thank you for everything you have done for the racing community. Hang in there buddy we will be thinking of you.

Greg Roeback
Team PGS

Carol, thanks for being a friend,

Jack I want you to know that Fabienne and I are praying for you, Gary McFall and the Snotrag Racing Team is keeping you in their prayers, You are in our thoughts, may God remove your pain, and your family bring you comfort, we are all pulling for you!!!

Dave and Fabienne, Desoto Speedway.

My thoughts and prayers to the family :frowning: I pray for the his last prayer would be granted … at least … how so sad …

[QUOTE=Trash Inturn4;81503]Isn’t it funny how sometimes when something happens, that it has a way of putting things in perspective. Obviously Jack’s situation is very heartbreaking, but through Jack’s love of what he started here, maybe all of the participants on this board, especially old ones we don’t hear from anymore, can come back together again in a civil way, for his sake, and we can all start to have fun on here again. I believe that would be his wish, lets do it for him.[/QUOTE]. Well said my friend

went in to visit Jack today, did not want to distrub his time with his family but knew Carol was there for the second day in a row so i just wanted to make sure if there was anything i could do. Jack was glad i came by and held my hand for a while. It truly is sad to see some one you have known for years like that. Jack is so aware of everything and alert but the pain is overwhelming. remember his family also in your prayers that god gives them the strength to comfort and care for him. Carol you are a great friend and Jack truly showed how much he needs and depends on you. i told him about how everyone on FB was changing their picture to “it’s Karnac time” and he did not know what to say, and how he never knew that the racing family would support him like they are. he is truly grateful.

Not good news…

the procedure to implant a pain relief dispenser didnt work. they couldnt get it to go in. so tonight they will put Jack on enough morphine to keep him comfortable. tomorrow they are going to try to catherize it. i hope i just used the right word or i will be embarrassed to death. lol. thread it thru?
please pray for Kathy. she is over tired and scared to death. the girls also… this has been an aweful day and i pray tomorrow brings Jack relief. i cant go back tonight. im soooooo tired. just wanted to keep you up to date.
much love
carol

Hang in there Jack. Oh and thanks for having me on your raido show all thoughs years ago in Orlando with Jerry and Don. And thanks for all that food that was there.:ernaehrung004:

Update!

the news is not good. Jack doesnt want to go thru that surgery again. it simply prolongs his agony and he is ready to go. in fact he is begging for peace. his body is now riddled with tumors and his organs are starting to deteriorate…
jack called his wife early this morning (3 a.m.) to say goodbye…
so please ask God to spare Jack anymore pain and take him “home”… that will be a blessing.
i know some of you might think im hard but i love jack with all my heart. he is one of my closest friends. i would never ever say or do anything that would hurt him or his family. this is Jacks wish so it became mine… there is no hope of him ever recovering to any kind of a normal life. i hope you understand my truest feelings. i am so sad i can barely do things i need to do. i am floundering thru the days…
Thank you all so much for your love and support… it has made Jacks days happier… i read him your posts and he smiles. sometimes he cries because he is so overwhelmed by your love… they are happy tears. Thank you and have a blessed day. I havent been to the hospital yet today but the news is from his wife and daughter. Please keep them in your prayers too. Life has been really tough on them. i will keep you posted. im feeling a panic attack so i think i will drop everything and go see Jack.
carol wicks

Room Change!

i cant call everyone as it is time consuming and there are so many of you so please keep up with these posts and rewrite them on facebook for me. Jack is now in room 210. For the first time in months Jack is sleeping on his back and snoring. what blessed news!
Keep the prayers alive and strong. i am heading to the hospital shortly so will keep you posted.
carol wicks