Urgent News!

Hopefully they will sedate him to keep him comfortable. It crushes me to hear this because I went through the same scenario with my father. I pray God has mercy on Jack Smith and relieves his pain and suffering.

Carol, Thanks for all you are doing. Jack, everyone at FASCAR will keep you and your family in our thoughts and prayers.

Kim…

thank you for calling. i have printed posts and kept note of calls and will make sure Jack gets them. (and Kathy). Thank everyone over there and we all understand why it is so difficult to travel so far. will keep you informed.
carol

Okay my old friend, I am praying for you and Cathy and the girls as hard as I can. I know this is not easy and I know you are tired and I definitely understand the pain is too much and you are done with it, but like most humans, we always hope there is a miracle out there for you also. You helped me when my friend Julie died from cancer. The wonder drug after her stem cell transplant wasn’t a wonder drug for her and basically killed her and you were there for me late at night when I needed someone just to listen. She was also in severe pain from bone marrow cancer but somehow they managed to keep her comfortable enough to die at home.

I really want to come and see you and if I can find the gas money, I will be there. But please know you are in my prayers and thoughts along with Cathy and the girls. We have shared alot together in racing and just as friends. Your sister’s unexpected death to Julie’s to a number of things. That is one thing we could always do, talk to each other about anything.

My prayer for you is easy. God please bless my friend Jack, ease his pain, and hold him in your loving arms until there is no more pain. And please make sure when he does make it to heaven, that you have a few computers for him since he would be lost without them. He’ll make you a great writer for your heavenly papers.

Cathy, I am here for you anytime and the girls. May God bless all of you and help you thru this very hard time. I know how long you and Jack have been together and I have spent many wonderful hours with the two of you and you were always such a perfect match. If you need me, just call (321-454-3432) and I will be there.

God bless you all and you are in my prayers and always in my heart.

Jane (the other Smith but not kin to Jack Smith)

Big move!

They just packed Jack up on a gurney to go by Ambulance to hospice in Sarasota. It is somewhere on the west side of Clarke Road. the move from bed to gurney went nice and smooth as they had given Jack a huge dose of morphine…Bob Culbertson came to port charlotte to pray with Jack and it seemed to calm him down alot. Rick Warren also came and even had Jack laughing. Bill Green stopped by and Jack was very happy to see him.when any of you called we told Jack and he would look up and smile. you will never know how much you have made Jack smile. as always Jacks wife and daughters and his friend Mick and i were there…
He slept quite a bit today and in fact was snoring loudly. was like music to us because all we had heard was his pain. so today was as good as it could be.
NORMA…please paste this on facebook. i need to head to Sarasota. BTW after tonight you are welcomed to visit the hospice. i will post info or you can call my cell… 941-380-4180…
thank you. Have a happy night and pray for our dear friend.
carolwicks

Jack Smith

Our thoughts and prayers for Jack and his family at this most difficult time. It is wonderful to see the motorsports community pull together for someone who has done a great deal for our sport for more than 10 years and this board is certainly not at the apex of his positive achievements.

Janet & Marty Little

Whew Finally!

I just got on line agin after being down for a while. I spent some good time with Jack today and his spirit was good, although he was in a lot of pain. His mind is sharp. We talked about things that happened 15 years ago and he remembered stuff I had forgotten. We carried on a good conversation. He still
thinks racing. It was good to hear him talk about old times and he was heartened to hear all the support he has gotten from all you guys. I want to thank all who have shown their love for Jack in these last weeks. It is special to be a part of a communiuty that lays its differences down to support one of its own. I delivered all the thoughts from all who contacted me and he was touched. Thanks Agin… Bob…

I just got back from Hospice. Jack and I talked, he drifited in and out but is not in near the pain he has been. He is weak but his mind is still there. Craig Clarke, Dave and Fabiene from DeSoto and of course Carol Wicks were also there. Kathy and I also got to talk also which I think was a big relief for both of us. He was sleeping sound when I left and his daughters were there…It was tough…

Last update for tonight…

sorry. just got home. Jack is in a lovely room at Tidewell Hospice in Sarasota. He is getting wonderful care and they basically give him all the pain meds he needs. he is seeing friends and knows all of them. he is also finally getting much needed rest. i felt comfortable leaving him tonight and i need some good sleep. lol i give him all your messages and he smiles. Jack is well aware of everything going on around him and remembers EVERYTHING! :wink: Rick Anges and Craig Clarke came to see him tonight. also Dave and Fabienne Cazemiro. Jack was so happy… so until tomorrow… SNORE!!! :smilie_bett:

more…

Jack is in Tidewell Hospice in Sarasota. its off Clark Rd. on the west side of 75. I will post the address in the morning. im so tired now i cant think of much…lol nite. when i left Jack was snoring, his wife was with me coming back to Port Charlotte and the girls HOPEFULLY were quietly sleeping! :wink: Good night all.
carolwicks
p.s. anyone can visit at anytime! its lovely…

Carol, please pass on my regards to Jack. My prayers are with him. When I first got involved in race reporting, Jack was one of the first people to reach out to me and offer support. We talked on the phone for a long time and he was very supportive. Please tell him Hospice will be such a blessing to him and his family. They were wonderful with my mom and me while I took care of her. Please tell him don’t beafraid, he is just taking the end journey from this life to the next life, an eternal life that has been promised to God’s children. One of great beauty, peace, no pain and an awesome reunion with loved ones that have gone before us. I totally believe he will be able to watch over and be close to his famiy and embrace them with his love.

FSCAgal…

Hi… Jack is ok with that. Bob Culbertson read from the bible with him yesterday and Rick Bristol today. He was brought into the Christian family last year by Rick and it has brought him alot of comfort in the knowledge that he is headed for a better place free of worry and pain.
Since he has been at hospice things have been so much better. he sleeps well and they work hard keeping him comfortable. the place is beautiful and the people wonderful.
i wont be able to sit there all day today because things are falling apart at home but i will stay in touch with Kathy and Alisa and keep you posted. Thank you.
carolwicks

Carol

Just wanted to say THANK YOU for what you do. I dont know you or Jack but bless you both. There are alot of very good people here.

OW

thank you. i love my friends dearly and i cant do too much physically but try to bring them comfort in other ways. it feels really good to know people appreciate kind acts but i would do it regardless. :wink: hey BTW… ya have to know i love my OWM guys! :wink:
carol
p.s.
havent been able to contact anyone up there yet. i will update when i do. Thank you again for your kind words.
carol

Address & Phone #…

The address of the Tidewll Hospice is 5957 Rand Blvd., Sarasota 34238.
Phone # is 941-921-0861.
Jack is in room 2. Visitors are allowed 24-7 and anyone can come. Jack is disturbed by alot of loud noise so please respect that.
As we speak, Rick Bristol is ministering to Jack.
Thank you… Jack welcomes you all… however he has been sleeping more …:wink:
carolwicks
Someone please put this all on facebook. :wink: duh…

Coming off I75 get off on Clark Road. Head west. after the 2nd. set of lights (Approach Ave) i think its ave… take the very next left on Rand and follow the gorgeous road to the end. .

thru the night…

The nurse said Jack had a peaceful sleep. when he woke up he was a bit disoriented but after a minute or so knew what was going on. Rick Bristol is ministering to him and we are ready to face another day. :wink: its sad and its exhausting but its such a huge relief to not hear Jack hollering in agony. He has made people laugh and made everyone feel comfortable talking to him. God bless the people at Tidewell Hospice. you are truly God’s angels of mercy. You sent my mom to heaven with dignity and love. Many of us have stories to tell about hospice… if you can, send a few dollars to hospice to help defray their costs. until youve been there you couldnt possibly know what they do. :wink: thank you hospice for making my dear friend so comfortable.
carolwicks

Norma.

please post this on facebook. i think you have to section it because they only allow a certain amount of words. Thank you. Hug…
carol

thru the night…
The nurse said Jack had a peaceful sleep. when he woke up he was a bit disoriented but after a minute or so knew what was going on. Rick Bristol is ministering to him and we are ready to face another day. :wink: its sad and its exhausting but its such a huge relief to not hear Jack hollering in agony. He has made people laugh and made everyone feel comfortable talking to him. God bless the people at Tidewell Hospice. you are truly God’s angels of mercy. You sent my mom to heaven with dignity and love. Many of us have stories to tell about hospice… if you can, send a few dollars to hospice to help defray their costs. until youve been there you couldnt possibly know what they do. :wink: thank you hospice for making my dear friend so comfortable.
carolwicks

I posted it…

Thank you!

i think i talk too much! rofllllllllllllllllllll nah! you know me better. ((((((hug))))))))
carol

Heeeeeeeere’s Jack!

Dave and Fabienne Cazemiro stopped by to see Jack last night. They presented him with this hat and really brightened his spirits… Thanks guys. you are awesome.
Carol