Mod Mini Help

I got a Mod mini with the 2300. ford. I have ran it twice with the same issues after trying everything in the book to fix it. I have tried two different carbs, new ignition, has brand new distributor new wires, new plugs, new accell coil, it breaks up from corner to corner around 4500 rpm it starts breaking up. We trying bypassing the ignition switch to see if their was no resistance in it, it acts like ignition, but I don’t know anymore. Any help is appreciated.

Has holley 500.

Re Help

need more info . are you using a msd box ? have you done any welding on the car without disconnecting the distributer wires ? is the tach jumping around like crazy ?

No to all of that its stock ignition except for the coil n module I think I found the problem I pulled the head and it has some leaking valves when u put gas in the hole on two of the exhaust valves

Something is not right there. The valves are more than likely bent, thats usually what causes them to leak. I think that may be part of your problem but the other sounds like an electrical/ignition issue. I would check all of my grounds, THE TACH and make sure everything is wired correctly. Spend a few hundred and buy an MSD setup and be done with the problem is your best bet.

Thanks for the help.

check the valve spring psi also. if it has weak valve springs it will begin to float the valves.

If you haven’t figured it out yet, Maybe these two will give you more to check.

Many cars starting about 1985 have a switch on them that if the car is in neutral, it will only go to 4000-4500 before breaking up and keeping it from over revving. Placing the neutral switch in d will stop that a temporary workaround.

Breaking up at higher rpm can becaused by too lean fuel mixture. Larger jets??.

Hope you get it fixed!

If you don’t have a NEW battery disconect switch , try putting both cables on same terminal and try. ---- have seen old switchs loose contact at higher RPMs --------if you have run carb to lean,check spark plugs to make sure you haven’t burnt them up.