rear gear

How do i find out what gear to run I am pritty good but think it could be alot better turning around 6000 I have 273’s in it now and a 4 speed useing 2nd gear. at Bubba raceway park. #73s

Sarge:ernaehrung004:

Your engine rpm(or the other way) is determined by transmission gear, rear gear and diameter of tire. Slip/spin can raise that number. Download my software(it is free for 30 days), let it do your math for you and delete it if you don’t need it anymore at www.racerssetup.com

Dave

what are you turning with 273

rear gear

6000 in 2nd gear, but seems to be spinning out of turn 4, i can do 1&2 wide open peddle a little going into 3 but spinning the tires out of 4. bubba raceway park. :ernaehrung004:

Sarge56

Typically, more wedge to fix that or less stagger. If you can’t give more wedge directly, add some more sway bar load?

From My application defined help button:
[SIZE=4]
[SIZE=4]Stable Entry / Good Cut Zone / Good Middle / Loose Acceleration Zone [/SIZE]
[/SIZE]More top link angle (if equipped)
Less stagger
Lower the panhard bar (if equipped)
Less RR trailing angle (if equipped)
More LR spring. RR spring softer than LR spring by 10% +/-
More diagonal
Less LF shock rebound
Less RF shock rebound
Less RR shock compression
Less Ackerman (if equipped)
More RF spring
Bigger sway bar or more sway bar load

Remember, it is a compromise end to end of most tracks. One end will most always work better than the other. Loose isn’t much fun though.

If you can get it a little tighter, you may get another hundred RPM. Raising the ratio so the engine turns more(like 6500-7000) may ease the spin a little also, but that is a crutch to some degree.

If you can supply the circumference of your 2 rear tires, the 2nd gear ratio of the 4 speed and knowing your rear gear, it may be possible to compute a little better gear for morer rpm?

Plus i notice turns 1 and 2 are alot wider the 3 and 4

Plus i notice turns 1 and 2 are alot wider the 3 and 4

You are right and if the loose turns are tighter, then a little more stagger and a little more wedge could help. If not too much, the wider turns should still be ok.

rear gear

just wanted to say thank’s to all of you for the advice I’ll try and see what i get out of it. i will let you know after this saturday.

Sarge56 "Now the # is 73s :ernaehrung004: