4412 carb

I got a 4412 carb on my street stock i got the vacum advane on but i want to take out the butterfly out of the carb it that possible with out locking out the ditributor

what butterfly’s , the choke or the ones down at the venturi ? everyone takes the choke out , you have to keep the main ones below the venturi

as stated, the choke plates(butterflies) are on top and the bottom ones are called throttle plates.

Choke plates helps you start by shutting off the air to cause more fuel to into the engine on start. The throttle plates let air go into the engine guided by how far you press the accelerator pedal.

Neither has anything to do with your vacumn advance except when the plates are closed, the engine will typically have more vacumn.

Most racers do not use the vacumn advance, but do use the mechanical advance in the distributor(and it may be modified with weights and/or springs).

Thanks yeah thats what i ment the choke plate.I have never ran vacumn advance on any of my race car but it was a top 5 street stock so i didnt want to mess with it .

reason i want to do this is so i can run my k&n flow control air clean assembly

Eric, have you tried a hat in there ?

A carb hat ? I never had one what do they do ? what kind of benifit do you get from it?

if you are in the neighborhood next week stop by