Mario Gosselin

Mario Gosselin, who most recently drove for NASCAR in the Camping World Truck Series, has been arrested in a Polk County, Fla. sex sting.

Conducted by the Polk County Sheriff’s Office, the sting offered up online advertisements for sex, and Gosselin was among more than 40 individuals who responded to the ads. Those netted in the sting were arrested when they met with undercover detectives.

I saw this yesterday, but didn’t know if I should bring it out in the open. I wonder what will happen to his Nascar connection. They don’t like people with criminal records clouding up their squeaky clean image.

I wouldn’t have put it up either, but it was on TV also. billy

I gotta on idea how about the Sheriffs dept. go bust some real criminals. Like thieves that steal from hard working honest taxpayers instead of wasting our money on crap like this. Oh, I know why because crap like this gets more media attention. Heck this “crime” is legal in some states and most of the world. If its busting some kid touchers great, but wasting money on this or drug enforcement is a waste.
I dont condone either behaivors, I am just sick of the grandstanding going on in Polk County. They will probably kick my door in for having a opinion now. oh well.

Although I agree with Tommy’s post and considered taking this post down after googling it several news outlets including Yahoo and Speedtv are running it so it will stay.

Remember…innocent until proven guilty.

Who knows what went on? Maybe he was trying to hire a wrecker driver and went looking for a tow job?

[QUOTE=Tommy King;99764]I gotta on idea how about the Sheriffs dept. go bust some real criminals. Like thieves that steal from hard working honest taxpayers instead of wasting our money on crap like this. Oh, I know why because crap like this gets more media attention. Heck this “crime” is legal in some states and most of the world. If its busting some kid touchers great, but wasting money on this or drug enforcement is a waste.
I dont condone either behaivors, I am just sick of the grandstanding going on in Polk County. They will probably kick my door in for having a opinion now. oh well.[/QUOTE]

Thanks Tommy at least you get it. The rest just want to point fingers.
you know witch one i think they shiuld get… And we get it for stuff that doesent have anything about racing…Watch out they will make some sick coment or post sick pic.
grow up and get a life… try to be part of the cure not a carer of the desease.
yea i know i cant spell but you get it im sure…

Don 62

Here’s a link from Dave Moody’s blog:

http://motorsports-soapbox.blogspot.com/2012/03/racer-arrested-in-florida-sex-sting.html

Former NASCAR Camping World Truck Series driver Mario Gosselin was arrested Saturday as part of an online prostitution sting in Polk County, Florida.

Gosselin, a native of St. Marie, Que., who now makes his home in Lake Wales, Fla., was arrested by Polk County Sheriff’s deputies and charged with soliciting prostitution, after responding to an online advertisement for sex. Married with two young daughters, the 40-year old Gosselin reportedly met with an undercover detective posing as a prostitute before being arrested and booked into the Polk County Jail. He is currently free on $250 bail.

Gosselin is a two-time champion and 26-time winner on the former USAR Hooters Pro Cup Series, and made 25 starts on the NASCAR Camping World Truck Series in 2010, finishing 16th in championship points with a best finish of ninth at Martinsville Speedway. ?Super Mario? has 51 career starts in NASCAR?s three national series, including three on the headline Sprint Cup Series. He is also a three-time winner in ARCA competition, and won the first race of his rookie season from the pole at Charlotte Motor Speedway in 1999.

He owns Florida-based DGM Racing, and listed his occupation as ?self-employed mechanic.?

wow!! who cares! thats his business not ours!!! if he were molesting kids…then i say fry him! but tryn to pay for some booty… is not karnac worthy!!! jmo…:slight_smile:

hmmm

the more you stir the poop, the more it stinks. i think we should stay out of this. his family are probably hurting enough and I am sure Mario is too. He has 2 gorgeous daughters that dont need to constantly be reminded. And the last post is true… none of our business. Not at all race related.
Thank you.
Carol

[QUOTE=Tommy King;99764]I gotta on idea how about the Sheriffs dept. go bust some real criminals. Like thieves that steal from hard working honest taxpayers instead of wasting our money on crap like this. Oh, I know why because crap like this gets more media attention. Heck this “crime” is legal in some states and most of the world. If its busting some kid touchers great, but wasting money on this or drug enforcement is a waste.
I dont condone either behaivors, I am just sick of the grandstanding going on in Polk County. They will probably kick my door in for having a opinion now. oh well.[/QUOTE]

If the cops used Craigs list or Backpage then they are clearly the predators. I get sick and tired of Govt. trying to legislate and control victomless crime between consenting adults. I guess we should be thankful the cops were all adults or the charges could be much worse. To early in the morning for the soap box now I have a headache.

Im with you…

if they let out all the ppl who are incarcerated for pot, prostitution and child support, we wouldnt have to keep paying for new buildings and extra enforcers. I think smoking pot is unhealthy but so are Mc Donalds fries. It has benefits for cancer patients. for crying out loud… let them smoke their pain away! Tax it! I think prostitution should be legal. They are gonna do it anyway so why not tax it and make sure the girls are not transmitting disease. it may hurt the families involved but thats their problem. not the govts. as for deadbeat dads. well how are they going to pay child support if they’re in jail? there has to be another way.
IF Mario did this, he is paying a huge price and we dont need to cause him anymore pain. I have always liked Mario and his racing family dont need to punish him. His wife and the courts will take care of that. I pray for all of them. it makes me sad.
Thats it… JMO…
carol