The future look of a race car. Door to door racing would be out?

[B][I]Check this out. Different for sure.But good looking.
http://www.gizmag.com/nissan-deltawing-development-le-mans/22209/?utm_source=Gizmag+Subscribers&utm_campaign=21de878b7c-UA-2235360-4&utm_medium=email

Door to door racing sure would bring out the yellows.

Wants your 2cents worth???[/I][/B]

It definately would be interesting!

that has to be the fugliest racecar ever made.

It should put a new meaning to “putting your nose” alongside of someone. First you get your nose in there then you use the rest of the car like a snowplow to push the guy out of the lane. It wouldn’t work for Florida racing.
Actually, I’d like to see it on dirt. I’d start a pool to see how many laps it could run without flipping.

How much? Can they race in the rain?

Read the article.

Safety in mind.

I wonder what the crush facture if one of these type race car was T-BONED by another. The small frontal area would not disperse much energy:confused:. Or two side by side at Daytona or LeManns and they bump. When the car got little side way the aero against the side would turn it and it would get ugly as it barrel rolled because of the triangular shape:sprachlos020:. Just a thought.:sprachlos020::sprachlos020:

Anyone else notice that looks like it has a passenger seat?
Actually the safety factor might be better as far as crush factor. Just thinking, a triangular design has more strength than a square. That’s why you should build the cages with the cross braces. With this type of design, you should be able to implement a bunch of angles in it and looks like it’s made of carbon fiber. It sure looks like an ugly grounded airplane though.

Anyone else notice that looks like it has a passenger seat?

that is one of the rules in the prototype class.

Unstabile POS,only mass $ makes it work at all

Your right again.

[QUOTE=Winger;102951]Anyone else notice that looks like it has a passenger seat?
Actually the safety factor might be better as far as crush factor. Just thinking, a triangular design has more strength than a square. That’s why you should build the cages with the cross braces. With this type of design, you should be able to implement a bunch of angles in it and looks like it’s made of carbon fiber. It sure looks like an ugly grounded airplane though.[/QUOTE]
Just add wings and it could be used in the Space Program.:sprachlos020:
:ernaehrung004:

Unstabile POS,only mass $ makes it work at all

unstable? with the rear that much wider than the front it should be stable enough

[QUOTE=al_tere_go_05;103275]Unstabile POS,only mass $ makes it work at all

unstable? with the rear that much wider than the front it should be stable enough[/QUOTE]
I think it would do fine on asphalt. I’m sure it would flip on dirt. But it’s not built for dirt. Now if you took the shape and made it into a wedge with the front positioned on the right side of the car, then you may have an innovative dirt car. LOL