Top Gun Sprints
Bubba Raceway Park, August 18, 2012
Weld Racing Heat #1
- 38T Tyler Godwin (Tampa, FL)
- 3A A.J. Maddox (Brandon, FL)
- 88K Shane Kreidler (Jupiter, FL)
- 24 Stephen Darvalic (Venice, FL)
- 0L Brandon Lineberger (Ocala, FL)
- 83 Mark Ruel Jr. (Jacksonville, FL)DNF
Barfield Heat #2
- 22 Shawn Murray (Jacksonville, FL)
- 8 Rich Alexander (Tampa, FL)
- 92 Matt Kurtz (Jacksonville, FL)
- 6S Robbie Smith (Tampa, FL)
- 9 J.R. Steele (Jacksonville, FL)
- G6 Brandon Grubaugh (Ocala, FL)
Hoosier Tires Heat #3
- 30 D J Peeples (Wesley Chapel, FL)
- 5 Tim Grubaugh (Anthony, FL)
- 14 Ryan Partin (Orlando, FL)
- 12 Colin Cabre (Thonotosassa, FL)
- 38 Tony Agin (Ft. Myers, FL)
1)38T Tyler Godwin; 2) 92 Matt Kurtz; 3) 22 Shawn Murray; 4) 24 Stephen Darvalic; 5) 3A A J Maddox; 6) 14 Ryan Partin; 7) 12 Collin Cabre; 8) 6S Robbie Smith; 9) 5 Tim Grubaugh; 10) 88K Shane Kreidler; 11) 38 Tony Agin; 12) G6 Brandon Grubaugh; 13) 0L Brandon Linberger; 14) 9 J.R. Steele; 15) 8 Rich Alexander; 16) 30 D J Peeples; 17) 83 Mark Ruel Jr.;DNS
The Top Gun Sprints made their eighth visit of 2012 to Bubba Raceway Park on Saturday August 18, 2012. There were 17 cars at the track to give fans three heat races and a 25 lap feature race.
Tyler Godwin in the 38T car had the pole with A J Maddox in the 3A on the outside for the start of the WELD RACING heat race. Tyler took the lead on the start and the win. The 9 of J.R. Steele had the pole for the BARFIELD heat race, with Shawn Murray in the 22 car on the outside. On the start Shawn took the lead and never looked back and took the win. Ryan Partin in the 14 car had the pole with D J Peeples in the 30 for the start of the HOOSIER TIRES heat race. D J took the lead and the heat win.
The 5 of Tim Grubaugh had the pole for the start of the KSE feature race event, with the 8 of Rich Alexander alongside. After a parade lap, D J that took the lead till lap 2 when he too high in turn 4 and hit the wall ending his night, after a yellow flag that gave the lead to the 38T of Tyler Godwin. On the restart the 38T of Tyler Godwin would hold on to the lead and take the checkered flag, followed by Matt Kurtz in the 92 car, Shawn Murray in the 22 car, Stephen Darvalics in the 24 car and A J Maddox in the 3A car rounding out the top 5.
The staff and racers of the Top Gun Sprints would like to thank everyone for their support and hope to see you at Lake City Speedway for the August 25, 2012 race. Congratulation goes to Tyler Godwin for sweeping the heat and feature to win the BARFIELD clean sweep. Congratulations go out to Stephen Darvalics for winning the KSE Hardcharger Award. Congratulations go out to Joseph Kelly of Ocala, Fl. winner of the K&N certificates.