Top Gun Sprints
Bubba Raceway Park, September 29, 2012
Simpson Heat #1
- 6S Robbie Smith (Tampa, FL)
- 14 Ryan Partin (Orlando, FL)
- 82 Danny Martin (Sarasota, FL)
- 24 Stephen Darvalic (Venice, FL)
- 0L Brandon Lineberger (Ocala, FL)
- G6 Brandon Grubaugh (Ocala, FL)
- 5 Tim Grubaugh (Anthony, FL) DNS
Weld Racing Heat #2
- 22 Shawn Murray (Jacksonville, FL)
- 83 Mark Ruel Jr. (Jacksonville, FL)
- 55 Kerry Gilbert (Dover, FL)
- 8 Rich Alexander (Tampa, FL)
- 61 Frankie Hurst (Tampa, FL)
- 21F Hollywood Krueger (Ocala, FL)
- 12 Colin Cabre (Thonotosassa, FL) DNS
Barfield Heat #3
- 38 Tony Agin (Ft. Myers, FL)
- 3A A.J. Maddox (Brandon, FL)
- 88K Shane Kreidler (Jupiter, FL)
- 92 Matt Kurtz (Jacksonville, FL)
- 19 Keith Butler (Riverview, FL)
- 9 J.R. Steele (Jacksonville, FL)
- 16 Skeeter Faulconer (Lutz, FL)
Hoosier Tires Feature
1)92 Matt Kurtz; 2) 82 Danny Martin; 3) 6S Robbie Smith; 4) 88K Shane Kreidler; 5) 12 Colin Cabre; 6) 24 Stephen Darvalics; 7) 38 Tony Agin; 8) 55 Kerry Gilbert; 9) 22 Shawn Murray; 10) 14 Ryan Partin; 11) 8 Rich Alexander; 12) 0L Brandon Lineberger; 13) 5 Tim Grubaugh; 14) 9 J.R. Steele; 15) 83 Mark Ruel Jr.; 16) G6 Brandon Grubaugh; 17) 19 Keith Butler; 18) 21F Hollywood Krueger; 19) 16 Skeeter Faulconer; 20) 61 Frankie Hurst; 21) 3A AJ Maddox; DNS
The Top Gun Sprints made their ninth visit of 2012 to Bubba Raceway Park on Saturday September 29, 2012. There were 21 cars at the track to give fans three heat races and a 25 lap feature race.
Robbie Smith in the 6S car had the pole with Ryan Partin in the 14 on the outside for the start of the SIMPSON heat race. Robbie took the lead on the start and the win. The 22 of Shawn Murray had the pole for the WELD RACING heat race, with Rich Alexander in the 8 car on the outside. On the start Shawn took the lead and never looked back and took the win. Shane Kreidler in the 88K car had the pole with AJ Maddox in the 3A for the start of the BARFIELD heat race. Shane took the lead, however on lap 6 he got loose coming out of turn 4 he did save the spin but Tony Agin took the lead and the heat win.
The 55 of Kerry Gilbert had the pole for the start of the HOOSIER TIRES feature race event, with the 82 of Danny Martin alongside. After a parade lap, Danny that took the lead on lap 7 when Ryan Partin spun in turn 2 and was able to restart, after a yellow flag Danny still out front. Then on lap 22 the caution again with the 19 of Keith Butler stopped in turn 4 and was done for the night. With 3 laps to go it bunched the field together, on the restart Danny was out front then Matt Kurtz made the pass on the last lap to take the lead and take the checkered flag, followed by Danny Martin in the 82 car, Robbie Smith in the 6S car, Shane Kreidler in the 88K car and Colin Cabre in the 12 car rounding out the top 5.
The staff and racers of the Top Gun Sprints would like to thank everyone for their support and hope to see you at East Bay Raceway Park for the October 6, 2012 race. Congratulations go out to Colin Cabre for winning the KSE Hardcharger Award. Congratulations go out to Dawn Kaluzniak of Jacksonville, Fl. winner of the K&N certificates.