Top Gun Sprints
Bubba Raceway Park, October 27, 2012
Weld Racing Heat #1
- 82 Danny Martin (Sarasota, FL)
- 92 Matt Kurtz (Jacksonville, FL)
- 38 Tony Agin (Ft. Myers, FL)
- 8 Rich Alexander (Tampa, FL)
- 83 Mark Ruel Jr. (Jacksonville, FL)
- 59 Dan Statter (Deltona, FL)
Hoosier Tire Heat #2
- 79 David Slawiak (Seffner, FL)
- 22 Shawn Murray (Jacksonville, FL)
- 5 Tim Grubaugh (Anthony, FL)
- G6 Brandon Grubaugh (Ocala, FL)
- 21 Shawn Cornell (Dunnellon, FL)
- 22 Shawn Murray; 2) 38 Tony Agin; 3) G6 Brandon Grubaugh; 4) 8 Rich Alexander; 5) 59 Dan Statter; 6) 21 Shawn Cornell; 7) 82 Danny Martin; 8) 79 David Slawiak; DNF 9) 5 Tim Grubaugh; DNF 10) 83 Mark Ruel Jr.; DNF 11) 92 Matt Kurtz; DNF
The Top Gun Sprints made their eleventh visit of 2012 to Bubba Raceway Park on Saturday October 27, 2012 for a wingless night. There were 11 cars at the track to give fans two heat races and a 15 lap feature race.
Danny Martin in the 82 car had the pole with Tony Agin in the 38 on the outside for the start of the WELD RACING heat race. Danny took the lead on the start, and the win. The G6 of Brandon Grubaugh had the pole for the HOOSIER TIRE heat race, with David Slawiak in the 79 car on the outside. On the start David took the lead and he never looked back and took the win.
The 82 of Danny Martin had the pole for the start of the BARFIELD feature race event, with the 22 of Shawn Murray alongside. On the start it was Danny getting the best start; it didn?t last long as on lap 4 he got flat right rear, came into infield change tire but not able to restart as the field went green with the 22 of Shawn Murray at the lead. Then on lap 6 Shawn spun in turn 1 Matt Kurtz got caught up in spin and ended his night and also the 83 of Mark Ruel checked up and ended flipping in turn 1 which brought out the red. After everything cleaned up the field restarted with David Slawiak in the 79 in the lead, on lap 10 the red flag came out again this time it was David and the 5 of Tim Grubaugh got together going into turn 1 both cars flipping and ended their nights. When the green flag dropped it was Shawn Murray on the lead and race cut short to 15 laps due to time limit, he lead the last 5 laps and the win, followed by Tony Agin in the 38 car, Brandon Grubaugh in the G6 car, Rich Alexander in the 8 car and Dan Statter in the 59 car rounding out the top 5.
The staff and racers of the Top Gun Sprints would like to thank everyone for their support and hope to see you at Bubba Raceway Park for the November 10, 2012 race. Congratulations go out to Tony Agin for winning the KSE Hardcharger Award.