Volusia

Saw this on FaceBook…

Very Sad…:frowning:

wow that suck

Boy, that is a wakeup call…

great dirt track gone to shit

They are only worried about speedweeks. They will disk it up in Jan and work it for their races then let the grass grow again.

And yes, it is a shame to see it like this.

Ditto.

It’s true we all need money, but a little maintenance while it isn’t on its income generating days should be thought of. This is just unbelievable. :mad:

If the grass grows then watermelons should, too. During off season they could grow vegetables and sell them at ticket window.

[QUOTE=iphoneandchevy;115606]Ditto.

It’s true we all need money, but a little maintenance while it isn’t on its income generating days should be thought of. This is just unbelievable. :mad:[/QUOTE]

I think they have someone who mows and takes care of the property. The grass on the track is no big deal. Heck, some tracks will put straw down and mix it in to help retain moisture. But yeah, I’d like to see someone run the place year round.

[QUOTE=Benny The Mule;115599]They are only worried about speedweeks. They will disk it up in Jan and work it for their races then let the grass grow again.

And yes, it is a shame to see it like this.[/QUOTE]

and THE only way that will change is if ALL the locals BOYCOTT it during Speedweeks…yes I know that will be tough but there are other shows around that can be seen…I have been to 41 Volusia Speedweeks and will break my speedweek streak as far as Volusia by attending OTHER tracks…and the monies STAY in FLORIDA…they will get the out of towner’s like always but that is only about 1/2 of there crowd and the week before when the WoO sprints are racing 2/3rd are local…so put the pressure on them and attend BRP, East Bay, NFS or any other track that is racing and will be racing during OUR reg. season here in Florida

Yesterday after a few sweeps with the grader

Guess they did not want the track looking like a field on the web. Amazing what a little bad publicity can do. Might make people think twice about speed weeks.

Planting cabbage on the front straight
Collard greens in turns 1& 2
Mustard greens on the back straight
And turnip greens in turns 3&4
Yum, yum

I think tccaz has this one figured out!

LOL…I posted that first pic after finding it here on the boards…