PGS Help them to keep it open

PGS needs help to save it don’t let them close it.Let them know you want the track to be there.Ck out this link thanks John

pgs meeting.pdf (152 KB)

Good gesture

John, as you are a competitor of PGS I’m very proud of you for suggesting everyone help out. I would like to thank you for all your effort last yr at DESOTO. Hopefully people will help support DESOTO as well as PGS… Good luck John!

And everyone has read the minutes of the meeting. Sounds like the board is doing the right thing. Again someone needs to read the lease before saying another word.

Completely agree

it’s all business, make sence, can’t run a track part-time, 365 business not weekend play ground

just saying

Punta gorda

Was there last night, counted at least 85 cars in the pits. Lots of side by side racing (two groove track). I hope they work it out with the airport and stay open another 10 years, or longer

Thanks buying it…

It has been coming for years. Ley Roy sold it to me in 2006 because he was told then about it going to currnent market valve. The 2007 season we had 48 Lates the 1st race and average over 36 for the rest of the year with over a hunderd cars every week… We all know what happened in July of 2008. The Country STOPPED!!! We ran as many different types of events. Go Karts, Moto Bikes, Monster Trucks, Concerts Charley Daniels, Bad Company, and other local shows, MotorCycle Enents, Driving Schools, Boy Scout Events, School Events, on and on… I thanks KEVIN for taking over… In these days I don’t know how anyone could make without having all the other things. The Go Karts brought in $2000.00 to $3000 twice a month (the karters still call to see if Kevin will start them again) you do the math (ask Greg R). The Monster Truck people call me every year. And it’s not Charlotte County Airports call it’s the Fed Gov. They came down from $13,000 a month they thought it would go up to on 4-1-2013. Call LeyRoy Davidson he saw it coming and told me. The $5,000.00 cost is about as good as you can expect. Good luck…

Sounds like a better deal that what Yoho got. Whats is he paying, about 15,000. amonth?

A P.S. from last post. If Yoho and Williams own everything then they would have to pay real estate taxes. Yoho would be still paying $150,000. to 200,000 a year as what Sunshine was paying. I am sure Williams would be paying at least $70,000. a year. Rent or taxes, works out about the same.

Not quite that bad.

I paid about $12,000.00 per yr. for the taxes. I have no idea how Robert can make it. But, he is a Hell-of-Promoter and has been in the racing business for ever. You will see him have other events happening. No way will PGS or any other Short Track make it with just Saturday Night racing these days. As I said GOOD LUCK… Every Monday I see the results for all the tracks. And it’s BAD…

I too applaud John for stepping up to help. But does he have an alternative plan(makes me wonder)? Remember when Sunshine closed? He said it was like “Christmas in July”.

So I read the document and took in a different side of the storyline. The airport authority is not trying to close the track, only doing what it should by getting taxpayers fair market value for the property. Now what will be interesting is if the bid process does not get fair market value for the property. Will they accept the $5000 a month offer ( which is a bargain ) or get nothing and let the property sit idle.

Has anyone heard of anyone else interested in leasing the property other than the current lease holder ?

It might be a good business decision if John S leased it and ran Friday and Saturday tracks with the same rules.

EZ

If you mean run one fri. The other sat. Same rules i think that would be a good idea! These small tracks, and not these two in particular MUST stop trying to put the other out. And that is what is going on, intentional or not, or they all will be gone!! I mean last i heard Desoto was running a limited schedule, is that still true, haven’t seen anything about that at all lately. I pray john can hang in there, i like him and a great track, but if he goes out ang PGS goes out who wins??? Noone!!! Not the owners, not the drivers, not the communities, no one!! Tracks get abandoned, no revenue for the community, cars ust and crumble and drivers get old and crumble too. Oh, maybe Showtime would win for a little while but then the short lease runs out and someone tries to triple it the same damn thing happens there.

EZ,

From what i took of the minutes buried deep and very spread out in the comments were the FAA was wanting the fair market value which i feel is over inflated, that they would keep the facility running but it is going out to bid because the current leaseholder has stated that is all he will pay.

Himself even has a chance to win the bid if no others come in higher.

They will lease it to someone VS having unused property generating nothing.

[QUOTE=Benny The Mule;120524]EZ,

From what i took of the minutes buried deep and very spread out in the comments were the FAA was wanting the fair market value which i feel is over inflated, that they would keep the facility running but it is going out to bid because the current leaseholder has stated that is all he will pay.

Himself even has a chance to win the bid if no others come in higher.

They will lease it to someone VS having unused property generating nothing.[/QUOTE]

It will be interesting to see if anyone else bids on the lease of the property. If nobody outbids the current lease holder, I would assume they would be forced to agree to Kevin’s terms. It is a governmental agency, and I personally have no faith in most government agencies these days.

More on this…

We have done our research and talk about it frequently here if you all are interested

https://www.facebook.com/groups/124984394225049/

Orlando was $1500 per week in 87 then went to $2800 when Hart bought it
Desoto was $1500 in 86
Golden Gate was $1500 also
The avg going price per week is $1500 plus taxs.
Hieleah was just taxes and it could not be done.
Inverness has the best deal in the country.
None of the tracks would make any sence if u pay rent fig buy what the track is worth.
The debt service would be so high that the track could not pay the intrest on the worth of the property.
Most race promoters are race fans with a big playground. After a wile they try to get it to break even and the racer thinks that he is trying to rob them.
The airport ath is not a race fan it just trying to get all it can from the property.
People like yoho paying $15000 a mounth makes them want some of that big money also.
They have had 20 years of people fighting for control of the track i think it time to bid like they did in St Pete. Mabee u will get lucky and the price will go down but i dont think so…

Don62

Can you post some more of the airport minutes…? Thanks Joe