Nascar Testing at Disney Speedway Feb 4-5

From 9 - 5 today and tomorrow, several teams are testing at Walt Disney World Speedway near Disney’s Magic Kingdom. Penske Racing is confirmed, others are also joining with Dale Jr. rumored to be attending (not confirmed!!! Don’t be mad if he’s not there!!). Fans are allowed into the infield for the practice, tell the Disney parking folks you are going to the track to get free parking. Fan access to drivers is unlikely, but you can get pretty close to the action. Penske has in the past encouraged drivers to talk to fans, but I’m sure they are busy with these new cars.

I was working on the loading dock at the Fort Wilderness Campground this morning and I could hear the cars over on the track. I called my wife and told her it must be “Cup” cars because they sound a lot stronger than the “Petty” cars.

[QUOTE=oneoff;120305]I was working on the loading dock at the Fort Wilderness Campground this morning and I could hear the cars over on the track. I called my wife and told her it must be “Cup” cars because they sound a lot stronger than the “Petty” cars.[/QUOTE]I miss it :slight_smile:

I worked at Magic Kingdom for nearly ten years. I lived close enough that I could:

1. Hear the steam train and riverboat whistles.

2. Watch both the Magic Kingdom and EPCOT fireworks

3. Hear the race cars at the “big” track

4. Hear the Magic Kingdom parade music if the wind was blowing the right way :slight_smile:

Oneoff…how long have you been there? Might have to look ya up on our next trip down to the parks :slight_smile:

Off and on since March 1973. This last time since July 2004. Come on down.