Mini sprints

I was just wondering if any mini sprints would like to race asphalt. Just trying to get feedback on this.

On a smaller track, maybe wingless I’d give it a try. I know a few others have talked about it in the past as well.

Mini Sprints

mini sprints the 600s with wings on 1/4 mile track. no traveling series.
Might be interesting.

Tracks

I was think showtime are arburndale if I can get enough guys to say yes I will contact one of those tracks to try and get a race

Showtime would be easy for me, since my shop is less than a mile from there. Couple things come to my mind: Every car in the state is a dirt car. You’re going to need to run a configuration that is able to be adapted from that without major changes. Lowering ride height and swapping springs is quick and cheap, but I don’t think a lot of people are going to be willing to buy new axles, shock towers, etc right off the bat. And mini sprints have weak brakes. Bad weak brakes. I think running wingless might keep the speeds down a bit otherwise you’ll be changing pads every week.
Like I said I’m only a few minutes from Showtime. Maybe you could see if a couple cars could get together and come out on their practice nights and give it a try?

Micro sprints

The micro sprint went to showtime with the wing. The only thing they changed was rides. They even used dirt tires. I don’t want anyone to spend tons of money for something like this I was just see if people would do it.

True, but a 750cc mini sprint is going to be going into the turn way faster than the 250cc micros and we weigh a couple hundred pounds more. But I’m totally for giving it a try since it looks like the dirt mini series is only coming down this way a couple times this year

Dirt minis

Since they don’t race close to Tampa but twice a year I don’t want to get one by if I can get some to race asphalt I will look more in to getting one. My team already have an asphalt car so I don’t want to travel far to race them

Why not just buy a TQ midget and run on the asphalt in a club that is already built and has races. There are cars for sale , go to www.fltqmidgets.com in the classifieds page. Will be posting another great, fast car( located in Fl.) soon.

Or just let the Mini Sprints run with the TQ’s.

GOOD LUCK WITH THAT ONE!!! If a checkered flag is involved…racers will spend it.

I think he means relatively speaking. I’d want one if they raced asphalt!