Johnny White Passes

Former Central Florida short tracker Johnny White has passed… Got this note from his wife Lou:

Johnny passed away tonight (Sunday) at 7:35 p.m. He is at peace and so am I. Just to see him with that peaceful look on his face was all I needed to see to be at peace also. Don’t know any arrangements yet except that it will be at Ammen South Brevard Funeral home. He is being cremated and there will just be a memorial service, no viewing per Johnnys wishes. Will let you sometime this week.
Love you all
Lou and family

Fortunately, Johnny got to come watch the last Governor’s Cup race at NSS, his first time at a race track in three years and unfortunately his last… He did have a great time watching the race though…

The article here is from 1970 from a Melbourne (Eau Gallie) Speedway program…

Also, please keep the Burkhalter family in your prayers as Don’l is in the hospital having a pretty rough time of it…

I had the pleasure of working with Johnnie installing TV antennas when Eau Gallie was still Eau Gallie. He started his career at Eau Gallie speedway and despite being underfunded in comparison to so many others did quite well. He took good care of his equipment and always raced clean. I saw him last at one of the reunions his wife worked so hard to put together. He will be missed. And I pray for his survivors .

RIP my dear friend…

I was so fortunate to meet Johnny and Lou many many years ago at Lakeland. They were close friends of the late Dennis Boyd and I believe his most loyal fans and friends. :wink: I am so proud to have known Johnny and hope Lou will find strength and love in the hearts of her many friends. This is surely a sad day but at the same time I am so glad Johnny’s suffering is over.
Carol Wicks