Chevette Question?

Has anyone ever ran a Chevette Ministock? Can a chevette run with the mustangs in modified ministock?

I ran a chevette for awhile, can they compete against a mustang? Well somewhat, depends on if the track where you race gives a weight advantage, mustang 2.3 equals min. 2300 lbs., your chevette 1.6L 1600 lbs., if you look at it that way, you would have an advantage. Now the down sides, It’s hard to find aftermarket racing parts for a chevette any more, Like camshafts, intakes, etc.etc. the rear ends are even harder to find, they are out there, and they even made a factory 411 rear gear, but with the rear end being a 6 inch, Nobody makes any gears for them, Very easy car to work on, Great fun to race. I came in 3rd in mod mini points racing against mod mini mustangs. Good luck.

This Chevette has an Iron Duke 2.5. Know anything about that motor?

No I sure dont, I think at one time, they were sought after pretty good, something about being able to put sbc parts into the engine, like pistons and rods, not sure if it’s true or not. O thought you had the chevette 1.6L engine. I think the midgets sprints ran the iron duke for awhile.

check with some of the South carolina track forums they used to run Iron dukes up there and you may find some help there

Chevettes do not use Iron Dukes. They use a 1.6l single overhead cam engine. Monzas used the iron duke type engine.