Fups Triple 50's Tour-round Ii This Weekend!!!

The FUPS Triple 50s Tour of Sportsman, Trucks, and OWM’s returns to the quarter mile bullring of Auburndale Speedway this Saturday night. The weather is forecast for 82F with 30% chance of a t-shower. The pits should be full of cars from all three divisions for a great night of racing.

A great crowd saw some interesting racing in the first Triple 50s event on March 9th. The Trucks and Modifieds ran clean but the Sportsman 50 was a marathon wreckfest. All divisions had good fields as the three divisions brought in 52 cars/trucks.

The Sportsman Series brought 21 cars to the green in a caution (and red flag) marred 50 lapper to start the evening off with a thud. Local Sportsman racers Bobby Mobley survived the carnage with James Wright III and Craig Cuzzone rounding out the top three. Where were the Touring guys? Wreckin’ and strugglin’. Maybe this Saturday Brandon Morris, Mark Peterson, Brandon Duchserer, Donny Williams, Chris Harvey, Cody Johnson (and me) can redeem ourselves by running good and keepin’ 'em straight. From a personal standpoint, a cleaner race would be greatly appreciated. We shall see. Track regulars all finished up front in the first race. It will be interesting to see if they can maintain the upper hand in Round II.

In the Truck and Modified 50’s the racing was much cleaner (thank goodness, for the fans sake). In the Truck race Steve Darvalics took down the win followed by Jessica Murphy and Sam Scott. Dylan Martin, JR Garcia, Jason Rendell and Mica Williams all had strong runs in the opener. Let’s see if any of them can fight their way into the top three this week. With identical crate motors and chassis design, the Trucks are one of the most competitive divisons in racing.

In the OWM division it was Travis Roland rollin’ to the win with James “Bridesmaid” Wright III (2nd in OWM and SP) and Josh Todd chasing him across the line. Once again Tour guys struggled against track regulars (as with the Sportsman). This week expect LJ Grimm, Aaron Williamson, Wayne Jefferson and Richie Smith in that badass Donnie Lewis Ford to fare a lot better on the 1/4 mile. The Modifieds are a thrill to watch as these guys try to pilot these machines that feature virtually unrestricted horsepower powerplants in a basically stock frame, adhered to the track by an unruly treaded 8" tire.

The weather’s looking good and the racing will be great. The fields were good last time and will be even bigger this Saturday. Come out and see THREE big-time FUPS 50 Lap features for the regular Sat. nite admission price for the Grandstand AND Pits. Or better yet, pull that old OWM, Truck or Sportsman out and come run! There are no fuel or tire requirements and the purses are good. I fixed my bumper and my car is ready to race. I’ll see ya there! :ernaehrung004:

Fups triple 50

Looking forward to another great weekend at the friendly confines of Auburndale Speedway! Hoping to see some good hard but clean racing this weekend in all the classes so the fans really get what they deserve! I know we can do it and will make them talk about what great racing program the FUPS puts out! Let’s all remember to finish first, first you must finish! Drive the next guy like you would want to be driven. Good luck to everyone and have a safe weekend!:ernaehrung004:

Fups Triple 50’s Tour-round Ii This Weekend!!!

Looking forward to it!