Why?

I’m having a big problem figuring out how to find what is happening at central Fl. dirt tracks, except Bubba’s, because there is zero advertising, and most all of their web sites have no current info on them, so it would seem that I’d need to call each of them to see what’s happening, or drive past their signs out front of the track. I also can see a huge problem if they all want to run the same night. I tried to support V.C. when they tried to run Fri. nights, great show, zero fans in the stands. Yet there are often 3000 or so in Bunnell, off of s.r. 100, at a mud hole for the bogging etc., when are they going to wake up and realize that the competition for J.Q. Publick’s extra cash is bigger than ever? These things are part of what has killed dirt oval racing in much of the rest of the country. I’ve talked to old timers that tell me that they see low car and spectator counts as omens of doom, e.g. , they’ve seen it before… Tracks that I supported and loved , like Reading, Nazareth and Flemington are all gone now, sadly things can never be even close to the way they were, but I still feel that they are worth preserving, just can’t do it alone.

What I saw.

Just got home from Bubba’s, 58 cars, 10 sprint cars and 18 that showed up to race for #$750. not 1 heat with more than 7 cars in it, Last Sat. Marion County there were 71, but 24 of them were Mini Sprints and another bunch were the vintage group from Daytona. I stopped at Volusia on my way home and the lot was only about 1/2 full. I really hate this, but it’s what I see.