Fox 35 news

Friday mourning may 31st fox 35 mourning show will be at Orlando speedworld doing a live show anyone who can be there at 7:30am till 10:30am and wants to be on live tv please come out this will be great for the track and sponsors on your cars post or call or text if you can come 4075681367

Are you all going to reschedule the Super Late Model race that was cancelled last week? Or is it just going to be dropped? Is the Bright House race still on?

Is Super Dave Osborne going to be there?

I’ll be there with a car Wes.

No on the bright house race

Hey Boney… Maybe you can give the reporter a ride in your two-seater, just like Mario Andretti LOL… To bad Higgybottom can’t be there with his NAPA car!

I see where another FUPS ( ACOP ) race has been cancelled, and this might be a good opportunity for Orlando to build itself back up. If given a definite place to race, I thnk all of those guys would leave that series in a second and start racing in Orlando. And Orlando needs all the help they can get with car counts. Looks like a win win for everybody.
Get some good local and national sponsors to help pay the purse, pair the trucks with the mods one week, supers with sportsman another week.

Since the Bright House race is cancelled are you going to run just a regular Super Late Model race that nite then?

Pretty cool turning on the morning news, and seeing several familiar race cars on TV. Saw Tobi Smith & Bill McPeek with Vintage Mods, Bonemans in his 85 Sprint car, Anthony Sergi in his LM, the red #1 Monte Carlo Strictly Stock (I know he’s also a Karnacian, but can’t recall his name), a couple of Bandos… overall a pretty cool deal.

Don’t know if there was more than 1 segment on the news, but they did do a spot, went to commercial, and came back to the track for an interview with Manager, Wes Railing.

Overall, I think it was good exposure for the track, but I wish there had been a little more “in-depth” about the Sprints since they are the features attraction this Saturday night.

Any exposure tracks get, that isn’t about some sort of tragedy, is a step in the right direction.

heres the coverage

part 1:

http://www.myfoxorlando.com/video?autoStart=true&topVideoCatNo=default&clipId=8945040

part 2:

http://www.myfoxorlando.com/video?autoStart=true&topVideoCatNo=default&clipId=8945647

After watching the replay, I find it funny that they show Bill McPeeks #20 Vintage Mod getting BLOWN BY… by a Bandolero.

If anyone comes out there thinking the Bandos are fast, and the Mods aren’t, they’re up for a big surprise…!

Thanks to everyone that come out on Friday mourning to help us out Saturday night racing will be something you don’t want to miss

[QUOTE=Matt Albee;127431]I see where another FUPS ( ACOP ) race has been cancelled, and this might be a good opportunity for Orlando to build itself back up. If given a definite place to race, I thnk all of those guys would leave that series in a second and start racing in Orlando. And Orlando needs all the help they can get with car counts. Looks like a win win for everybody.
Get some good local and national sponsors to help pay the purse, pair the trucks with the mods one week, supers with sportsman another week.[/QUOTE]

Nobody is going to leave the series to go just race at Orlando Speedworld! Why would you think someone would leave structure to go to shoot from the hip format? Not to mention from a good paying purse to the worst in the state! Also no tech! The big turn off is racing Friday nights. Nobody can get there unless they take off work on Friday. Bad purse plus loss of pay on Friday equals don’t go and stay home! The series is a much better answer! Matt go ahead and keep on trying to beat up the series. You just won’t leave well enough alone will you? I have watched you bash the series because of a personal conflict with certain people in the series for awhile now. If you don’t like the people running it then fine don’t go! But stop bashing the series because it is doing just fine without your help! They really don’t need your help to be successful.

Uh oh, getting a little testy there. Someone needs a nap.
Where to begin? First, there is no structure of any importance to leave. All I see is a small, loyal group of racers who are wishing just as hard as they can. But as we’ve seen, just wishing doesn’t produce a strong series or a good show.
I’m sure the series doesn’t need my help, you and others have made it very clear you don’t think you need anyone’s help.
Now for the reading comprehension score. Not good. With a thorough re-reading of my post, you’ll notice that I mentioned it would be important for Orlando to get sponsorship to pay the purse.That goes for all tracks.
Friday night racing has been covered thousands of times, it isn’t going to change so if people want to race or spectate, they’ll just have to figure out a way to get there on Friday.
There’s lots of people bashing the ACOP series. And with good reason. The Ellisville race was cancelled because almost nobody even entered. If Orlando , or any other track stepped up and gave trucks, OWMs,and Supers a place to race EVERY week or two, along with a good purse, they’d have full fields and ACOP would be put out of it’s misery. Because there isn’t any other track willing to at the moment.
Since Orlando is pretty much new, how would there be a problem with tech already?

[QUOTE=Matt Albee;127673]Uh oh, getting a little testy there. Someone needs a nap.
Where to begin? First, there is no structure of any importance to leave. All I see is a small, loyal group of racers who are wishing just as hard as they can. But as we’ve seen, just wishing doesn’t produce a strong series or a good show.
I’m sure the series doesn’t need my help, you and others have made it very clear you don’t think you need anyone’s help.
Now for the reading comprehension score. Not good. With a thorough re-reading of my post, you’ll notice that I mentioned it would be important for Orlando to get sponsorship to pay the purse.That goes for all tracks.
Friday night racing has been covered thousands of times, it isn’t going to change so if people want to race or spectate, they’ll just have to figure out a way to get there on Friday.
There’s lots of people bashing the ACOP series. And with good reason. The Ellisville race was cancelled because almost nobody even entered. If Orlando , or any other track stepped up and gave trucks, OWMs,and Supers a place to race EVERY week or two, along with a good purse, they’d have full fields and ACOP would be put out of it’s misery. Because there isn’t any other track willing to at the moment.
Since Orlando is pretty much new, how would there be a problem with tech already?[/QUOTE]

You are just a real peach now aren’t you! If there is a lot of people bashing the series then why is the series still having the best car count and fan base out there? What would they possibly be bashing the series for? You say a small group wishing their way to produce a good show. I think it would be fair to say that this so called small group is producing equal to the best car counts in the state. The shows are as good as any I have seen! I have been to a lot of non series races so I can speak fairly on this topic. Most of the non series races have been anywhere from 5 cars to 15 cars. The series have anywhere from 13 to 23 cars. So the series car count has been better. There has not been one race that I have seen that I can say has been better than the series. There has been some that are as good or equal but not better to justify the fact that the series should not exist like you think! As a racer the series has a much better payout then the non series races so when the non series tracks schedule on top of the series you choose the series because it is a better economic choice and a more fair level playing field to compete in. This is due to the better payout and they do pre and post race tech un like the non series tracks. What should be done is the tracks run a series race and a non series race and see which brings better results. I think we know which will produce better results from the previous races run. As far as the Ellisville race is concerned yes they cancelled because of lack of car count due to the fact it was a bad weekend for people with graduations going on. The series felt it was better to cancel then to have it with a low car count. A few weeks prior they had a non series super late race there with less than 10cars. I believe it was 6 cars but not 100% sure on the exact number. So the cancellation of the race was a good move on the series part not something to look down on them for. The Friday night thing you are right it has been talked about and people just won’t support that so that is a smart move on their part by not wanting to change it. It has been figured out by the racers that have any travel at all to get there and that is the reason why there is no car count. You are right again by saying the series don’t need your kind of help but I know they have not said they don’t need anyone’s help so that is a false statement made by you once again. Just give it a rest and let the chips fall where they fall. Support who you want to and quit the bashing! If you don’t like the series which obviously you don’t then don’t say anything at all about them! Have a nice day!

What does ACOP mean?

A Couple Of Promoters
Anyone Can Operate Putnam
A Car Owners Problem
Auburndale, Citrus or Punta gorda

Maybe ACOP means you are going to get ATICKET.

Acop…ACoupleOfPinheads…arguing?:sport009:

I get that you hope the ACOP series is successful. And blind allegiance just might be the answer.
But here’s the bottom line. I’ve been to number of FUPS ( ACOP ) races and except for the first one, have never felt it was worth the ticket price. And I’ve been to a couple of them that were among the worst I’ve ever seen. The series started out ok, but the car count, spectator count, the promoter count, and the track count have declined badly since the beginning.
Most of my posts concerning FUPS/ACOP are just messing with the true believers. But the truth is, the series has gone downhill quick. And if talking about that is your idea of bashing, then get ready for bashing on a regular basis.
And Peach is almost my middle name. Now i’m going to have a nice day.

tv

We could have this every week all we need is buddy glenn and steve to do the show so tell your local track owner to call Buddy Pittman and he will do a great show for all the racers