Eagle Jet/Top Gun Sprints
East Bay Raceway Park, May 11, 2013
Outlaw Race Parts Heat #1
- 82 Danny Martin (Sarasota, FL)
- 1* Tim George (Venice, FL)
- 3A AJ Maddox (Brandon, FL)
- 21 Jason Webster (Bradenton, FL)
- 30 DJ Peeples (Wesley Chapel, FL)
- 3T Johnny Alexander (Tampa, FL)
- 02 Gene Lasker (Tampa, FL) DNS
Pro Shocks Heat #2
- 83 Mark Ruel Jr. (Jacksonville, FL)
- 6S Robbie Smith (Tampa, FL)
- 55 Kerry Gilbert (Dover, FL)
- 52 Shane Kreidler (Jupiter, FL)
- 0 Jimmy Ballew Jr.(Riverview, FL)
- 01 Rebecca George (Venice, FL)
- 9 Billy Boyd (Riverview, FL) DNS
Rod End Supply Heat #3
- 38 Tony Agin (Ft. Myers, FL)
- 92 Matt Kurtz (Jacksonville, FL)
- 11 Brett O?Donnell (Deland, FL)
- 34 Darrin Orth (Jacksonville, FL)
- 8 Rich Alexander (Tampa, FL)
- 05 Dick Byerly (Tampa, FL)
- G6 Brandon Grubaugh (Ocala, FL)
Gator Core Feature
1)38 Tony Agin; 2) 83 Mark Ruel Jr.; 3) 82 Danny Martin; 4) 55 Kerry Gilbert; 5) 92 Matt Kurtz; 6) 52 Shane Kreidler; 7) 3A AJ Maddox; 8) 11 Brett O?Donnell; 9) 6S Robbie Smith; 10) 1 Tim George; 11) 21 James Webster; 12) 01 Rebecca George; 13) 8 Rich Alexander; 14) 30 DJ Peeples; 15) 3T Johnny Alexander; 16) G6 Brandon Grubaugh; 17) 05 Dick Byerly; 18) 34 Darrin Orth; 19) 0 Jimmy Ballew Jr.; 20) 9 Billy Boyd; DNS 21) 02 Gene Lasker; DNS
The Top Gun Sprints made their first visit of 2013 to East Bay Raceway Park on Saturday May 11, 2013. There were 21 cars at the track to give fans three heat races and a 25 lap feature race.
Tim George in the 1 car had the pole with Johnny Alexander in the 3T on the outside for the start of the OUTLAW RACE PARTS heat race. On the start it was Tim took the lead and then Danny Martin got around Tim and took the win. The 6S of Robbie Smith had the pole for the PRO SHOCKS heat race, with Kerry Gilbert in the 55 car on the outside. On the start Robbie took the lead and then Mark Ruel Jr. made the pass and took the win. Matt Kurtz in the 92 car had the pole with Tony Agin in the 38 for the start of the ROD END SUPPLY heat race. On the start Tony took the lead and the win.
The 3A of AJ Maddox had the pole for the start of the GATOR CORE feature with Tony Agin in the 38 car on the outside. After the parade lap the green flag dropped and it was Jimmy Ballew got together with someone and crashed into the Turn 1 gate that brought the red flag. After they removed the car and got the gate closed and after a complete restart it was Tony that took the lead till lap 3 when the 05 car of Dick Byerly got together with a car and flipped. On the restart it was Tony staying out front and took the win, followed by Mark Ruel Jr. in the 83 car, Danny Martin in the 82 car, Kerry Gilbert in the 55 car and Matt Kurtz in the 92 car rounding out the top 5.
The staff and racers of the Eagle Jet/Top Gun Sprints would like to thank everyone for their support and hope to see you at the next race at East Bay Raceway June 22, 2013
Congratulations go out to Shane Kreidler for winning the KSE Hardcharger Award.
Congratulations go to Tony Agin for winning the BARFIELD SWEEP of $400.