starting issues

My race car will not start when I hit the starter button. There is no noise or any sound when I push it. The button is new, as well as the starter, solenoid, battery and battery disconnect switch. The battery terminals are clean and tight. I know that power is reaching the solenoid because when I turn on the battery and flip the ignition switch the light on my water temp gauge lights up, however, that is the only indication I have power going to the car. The cars electrical system is set up like a standard pure stock car, I have the positive battery wire running to a roll bar mounted solenoid. The starter wire is connected to to the other terminal on the solenoid and I have a little wire that is attached to the S terminal on the starter and attaches to the bolt the the larger starter wire attaches to. The car has not been sitting long and was raced two weeks ago and was starting fine last Saturday morning. Any assistance as to why my car will not start would be greatly appreciated.

starting

not being a smart— but , were these parts replaced before last Sat ?? is that a ford type solenoid on the rollbar & a jumper wire (10gauge) on the GM starter solenoid ? if all this is true , then take test light & see where the power stops. ----

starting issues

No, everything is new and yes that is a 10 gauge wire jumping the starter. I went out and bought a test light today and I have power everywhere except where the starter wire connects to the solenoid. Yes the solenoid is a ford firewall mounted solenoid that I attached to the roll bar. I thought maybe the solenoid went bad, so this morning I also went and got a new solenoid, however, it did not change the problem.

check the ground for the solenoid to the cage

starting

after you check solenoid ground , if the ford solenoid has 4 terminals , make sure you use the “S” terminal to one side of the starter button & power supply to the other side of button ---- “S” terminal should be nearest the power supply side from battery —check & make sure solenoid is not on backwards ---------is your solenoid made of mica (plastic) --------some of the ones in metal use a ground principal XXXXXXXX

starting

Thank you for yall’s assistance, the problem was that the solenoid was not grounded to the roll cage. I was able to fix it and finish 4th in Sat. nights race.

starting

good to hear you found problem ---------- even Einstein had problems but he didn’t have a computer to ask for help.