Showtime July 4th Super Lates

Under a rain hold after 7 laps now. Radar not good for a while either :frowning:
Wayne is there.
-JIM-

15 laps in and another rain delay. Drying the track again now.
-JIM-

Jim

Thank you for never forgetting our friend.

Races called, as per Jake Perkins, at 10:45. Got the track dried,but seeping on the front straight. Canceled for unsafe track conditions. Rescheduled for August 3rd maybe.
-JIM-

Read on FB, wristbands are only worth $5 at next events. / not re entry.

Yep ! They pissed a lot of people off. Showtime canceled the Late Model Race and Open Wheel race and then told us that our wrist band’s were worth $5 off the next show. Pathetic excuse for a promoter and he lost a lot of fans tonight. I know I won’t be back.

How much of the entire show got completed?

Everything except the late model and modified race was completed.

Also read a post by one of the LM drivers that the Entry Fee was $200, Non-refundable. I don’t like entry fees as it is, but this seems much higher than normal.

Wow…need to hear more but this sounds like a piss poor way to handle things.

If that number is accurate it would seem to be a little high. Sounds like he’s trying to pay for his race off of the pit injector. But the posted prize money is a lot higher than the usual show.
He’s using the model from the dragstrip he leases. The drag racers pay quite a bit at the pit injector, then the pool is divided up among the finishers.

Wasn’t there a demo derby also. If so that would have been last and does anyone know if a lot of cars were there for that.

:aetsch013:All late models entrys and pits passes were refunded, check there Facebook page that is what the Track posted. The modifieds are running next weekend to make up the race. I hope they keep qualifying times and lineup.

They had a crowd in the stand and the pits last night.

It wasn’t posted but modified teams were refunded pit fees for drivers and 1 crew member.

just a thought

maybe all the complainers should get money together and put on a one night show at any racetrack, let everyone in free, slash prices on food and drink, charge no entry fee for participation, and give the payout for the late model race…I would probably leave the house for that one…The people did the best they could with the weather they were dealing with…rainouts happen…be glad you got to watch some kind of racing and that he is giving you $5 for the next one.

I still do not get why they jack grandstand price for so called special events. I think the upset people are ones who paid the extra and did not get the extra show.

Shame on you Yoho

Me and my brother were there last night.T"he Super Late Nodels got about 16 laps in,before the rain came.(more like a deluge) Because there was seepage on the tracks,they didnt run the rest of the SLM race,as well as the Open Wheel Modified race.

My biggest complaint is,yes the ticket prices were jacked up to $18 for seniors and twenty bucks for under 55 fans.Plus we had to drive 120 miles,which,hey cost us fans money,just as much as drivers pullind their rigs.

No make-up date was announced for at lest the late models.Then yoho announces five bucks off at next week’s event.Well great.I didnt pay higher ticket prices to watch your compact and street stock classes./Thats a load of crap,Robert.I’m out 60 bucks,for an event that I didnt get to see.

The fireworks show was bad.(the rain didnt help) and QUIT advertising drivers that Dont show up.You had Travis Cope on the cover of your program,and he was a no-show.Plus,when we tried to talk to anyone w/ the track,after the race,they were not around at all.

Maybe next time,you can pay a little more attention to the fans,and not some french director (ooh la la) who’s shooting a documentary.Plus,did you really have to get in to the double zero? What,trying to save money on a pay-out??

I love the track,but that crap you pulled last night,I guantee I wont be back for a while.

I love the track

It’s a tough spot for both promoter and fan for sure. I have a feeling part of the frustration is that it sounds like the show started an hour late and then there was some kind of communication breakdown. Some people were posting that they were told by track employees that their rain checks were good for the rain date race today, which doesn’t even exist. The lack of organization and communication is frustrating there. We were on the backstretch for the sprints a few weeks ago and since it was raining as we drove in I asked the lady who took my money what the rain check policy was and she had no clue at all. Then when we tried to leave someone locked the dang gate. And nothing seems to ever happen with any urgency there. Minor stuff, but annoying stuff for sure.

oops

I meant 15 bucks for seniors,not 18…my bad.

griswold

Put a moose at the gates so everyone has a chance to punch it in the nose on the way out…make sure you don’t forget Aunt Edna