Showtime July 4th Super Lates

Should be a heck of a show at Showtime on the 4th…Some real heavy hitters going to be in the Late Model race!

OK, so now we have New Smyrna running on Wednesday, and St. Pete on Thursday.

How many cars will make both shows?

How many fans (you guys) are going to both shows?

Not sure about New Smyrna but last I heard Showtime was going to have Anderson, Scofield, Bresnahan, Cope, Larson, Perkins, Partelo, Pletcher, Dempsey, Fontaine, Boyd, King, Leverock, Campi, Winchell, and rumor has it Mike Fritts. Maybe Webster if he runs good at Smyrna. Most of the New Smyrna guys won’t go to a bullring…Clouser, Rogers, Russell. Sergi might do both but doubt it. Not sure what New Smyrna is paying out but Showtimes payout is excellent!

Looks like quite a few are planning on doing “Double duty”. I count at least 4 from your list of Drivers that are already planning on being there (Showtime) that have already committed to the Clyde Hart Memorial.

There are a lot of drivers that don’t like the big tracks. when it goes bad its real bad.
The action is better at the smaller tracks .
Its good for the fans to have plenty of racing on the 4th weekend.
I was invited to go to showtime and will be there with a smile.
I was told I wasent welcome at New Smyrna Speedway so I hope most of the cars come to Showtime.
Hope to see a lot of old friends there and make a few new ones.
I heard the purse was 3 times bigger at Showtime for this event so that will help also…
see ya there …

Don Nerone

[QUOTE=Don Nerone;129225]There are a lot of drivers that don’t like the big tracks. when it goes bad its real bad.
The action is better at the smaller tracks .
Its good for the fans to have plenty of racing on the 4th weekend.
I was invited to go to showtime and will be there with a smile.
I was told I wasent welcome at New Smyrna Speedway so I hope most of the cars come to Showtime.
Hope to see a lot of old friends there and make a few new ones.
I heard the purse was 3 times bigger at Showtime for this event so that will help also…
see ya there …

Don Nerone[/QUOTE]

It’s easy to see why the folks at NSS don’t want you there.

Ur right all the people that don’t like me go there…all35 of them LOL

A track owner that turns ticket buying fans away has to much money to have a good track.

Yoho calls and asked me to go to Show Time for the race. Now love him or not he has alwase been a showman…
Im sure most of this is overyour head.
A old driver said to me one time… they had to buy a ticket to boo me… I gave him a free ticket…
Matt .thanks for the input… you were welcome anytime…
Hope to see everyone at Showtime…

don62

We will see just how many show at showtime

In november yoho advertised a lot of names in the promo flyer for his florida state championship.Almost all of which were no shows.I went expecting a lot of good cars.In reality there were 12 superlates in total.I will be there thursday to see if his ad lives up to the billing,if not he will receive an email he wont want to read friday about false advertising.Lets see,i hope this time its not just hype and false promises.

Bresnahan wont be able to make the trip…work commitments get in the way…we were looking forward to running.

Ok so actually a lot of the guys listed arent going…its a shame it pays good…oh well guess no one wants to race when the money is on the line…just sit at home and complain…

I understood some hesitation in November

It was right between the Governors Cup and Snoball Derby and also after being just fairly recently reopened after being closed so long some guys came without cars just to check the track out.But hey,you could promote the pope was going to be there and then after the fact say,“oh he couldnt make it tonight”.Lets see what happens thursday.If most of the advertised drivers are no shows once again my new name for Mr.Yoho will be no show Yoho.

Jake Perkins will be there!

www.nobrakejake.com

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Jake-Perkins-Motorsports-Fan-Page/207145885975885

I think this is going to be a hellava race, planning on being there.

With the money I saw posted for a 100 lap race at a short track I think they will come and it will be the biggest car count of the year for a 100 lapper.
I got a pass from Sandy and will be there.
Hope to see a lot of old friends…
Mid day show that everyone says they want …well 2 of them this week… If the fans don’t show it will be the last ones in florida for a long time.
Time to prove it !!!

don62

Don’t forget Modifieds will also be going 50 laps for a $1000 to win. That should be good race also.

Havent seen the list of who is coming.
Anyonr got that info please post it.

don62

14 Late Models in the pits

23 Super Late Models at Showtime

Scofield, Winchell, Nasse, Stepehns, Bennett, Ringy Anderson, Kapache, Fritts, Andy Anderson, roland, Dempsey, Cataldi, Staropoli, Hart, W. Anderson, Ra. Anderson, Ri Anderson, Perkins, Gill, Yoho, Pletcher, Partelo and Eddie King so far. I am guessing on the W. Anderson cars.

Rick…

FRITTS as in Mike Fritts? gosh have not seen him in many yrs. Since his days with RC at Orlando… Hope its a rain free safe fun race for all!

12 Modifieds so far, waiting on the light rain to stop. Radar shows it stopping in about a hour.