Mid week show tonight

The midweek shows in the northeast are special shows, perhaps with the exception of Thunder Road. The DIRT shows are a special series for modifieds that compete for a decent purse and points fund, as well as a guaranteed start for the Syracuse race in October. They may run 2 or even 3 midweek shows then they race their regular tracks on the weekend. All the tracks promote and benefit from it. They have the special midweeks shows that pack the place and they also have some of the big name drivers who will be at the regular programs. Actually, the points fund has a bonus for regular track points to encourage the drivers to race weekends. There’s no reason that couldn’t work here and benefit all the tracks. I hate that special series all want to race on weekends. It draws the drivers away from a weekly commitment at a regular Saturday night venue. I feel it would actually benefit series, such as the UDLMCS and FUPS to run those shows on a weeknight with a larger purse and one support division. You may get many more drivers to attend those shows than take a Saturday night off from their weekly track to race at another. The tracks will benefit because they can have these guys become regular competitors at the Saturday night track.

Oh yeah, there are special WoO sprint and late model shows run weekdays up there, as well as the Lucas series also.

Florida may have the most successful mid-week racing shows in the USA. Just happens in February.

Which is kind the point… when there is NOBODY else open, and no competition for racers and fans, they will both show up.

The way it is, we have 15 choices on Saturday nights… we have ZERO choices on any other night than that.

[B][I]You take a major class, Sprint Car or Super Late model, + a different look V8 support division which has cars that races all over Fl, and the same with a 4 cyl division where pretty much all 4 cyl from Fl can compete. That’s it, not one more class. 3 full fields classes.

Build a serie of 12 (±) races, all Wednesday nights. Back the thing up with the right staff behind and good promo, and just watch it grow. Garandamntee ya, it will Bcome the biggest thing in FL racing since a long long time.[/I][/B]