Gordon makes chase

I hear the Danica camp is encouraged by her chances as well.

Following a comprehensive review of all available audio and video communications from last Saturday nights NASCAR Sprint Cup Series race at Richmond International Raceway, along with interviews with team personnel, NASCAR announced Friday the following decision:
? Both the Front Row Motorsports and Penske Racing organizations have been placed on NASCAR probation until Dec. 31 for violating Section 12-1 (Actions detrimental to stock car racing).
? A 13th car the #24 would be added to this years Chase for the NASCAR Sprint Cup.
Based on all of our findings this week, we determined both Front Row Motorsports and Penske Racing organizations would be placed on probation for the remainder of this season, said Brian France, NASCAR Chairman and Chief Executive Officer. Additionally, based upon the totality of our findings, to be totally fair and equitable we decided that adding a 13th car to this years Chase is the appropriate action.
Beginning with our decision Monday, which resulted in an unprecedented team penalty, and continuing with further examination of actions involving two other race teams, it is clear to us that attempts to manipulate the results impacted the Chase field.
The integrity of our sport remains the cornerstone of NASCAR, and our actions this week speak to our commitment to ensure a level playing field for all competitors.

That’s B-S , now lets go back thru the season and see if anyone spun out to get a caution for a teammate. Because that would have evidently changed the outcome of that race.They are giving Hendrick Motorsports preferential treatment here. But when crybaby Jeff Gordon won his first championship and they had Purvis in a start and park car that was ok.Which guaranteed him to win the championship that year, I bet if it was a single car team this wouldn’t be happening. It’s just another reason why NASCAR is losing fans.

My thoughts exactly hope he stays 13th wish he could go back further than that.

Agreed, Kenseth or Kyle will win the chase. I hope Joey and Bowyer win a race, they have the talent. Gordon is not what he once was.

Chase

Why not just do away with the CHASE? This would solve the games that teams play on and off the track. It would also allow all 43 drivers the opportunity to get into the top 10 at the end of the year.

WHEE!!! Friday the 13th, 13 cars in the chase. Maybe Homestead will be under the lights of a full moon. What I don’t get is Truex out and Loganno in. What the hell with NASCAR you are not required to understand, simply bend over and grab your ankles.

Yep, if they want to punish all the shenanigans Logano should be out too, along with Boyer.

start and park

so what happens to the start and park cars will they race at 100% now that they cant pit when they want?

I say just go back no chase it would stop,all BS

Another alternative would be to say the chase will be based on 8 to 12 drivers. Even with a computer it would almost impossible to conjure a plan to benefit some team drivers over others. The chase is not about the twelve best drivers it is about the 12 sponsors who will get the most air time as the broadcasters feature the chase participants even when a non chase driver is leading. As ever follow the $$$$