Pro truck in orlando

Ok so this is my 3rd time out in the truck and finally could “feel” how the truck was working. The truck seems ok on entry but seems really tight from center off. I have to put more steering input at apex which makes me feel a little loose off, snap oversteer as we say in karting.

I have a 100lbs split on my front springs, 700 left front 800 right front, and I’m using all the shock travel on the front right shock.

Front left tire temp was 175 Front right was 185
Tire pressure cold 15 psi. Cold 23psi
Hot 21 psi. Hot 31 psi

Rear left tire temp was 181 Rear right was 191
Cold 15 psi. Cold 23 psi
Hot 22 psi. Hot. 33 psi

Now one problem that I have had has been the front left corner of the car has a sagging issue. The first time I took out we had ride heights set. Drive 15 laps then came in, truck is now 3/4" lower on the front left. Add jack input to raise ride height and take out, when I come back ride height has dropped again. Seems as if I have a bad spring, I have out maybe 3-4 turns in it since setup to keep ride heights the same. I’m going to change the front springs but was just curious if I should try a higher split?

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Note: I do not have scales so all the jack Adjustment that has been needed to keep ride height the same on front left have never been checked as to how it’s changing my corner weights.

What shocks and sway bar are you using? Do you know the weight difference between LF and RF?

Integra shocks, not sure of valving though.

Sway bar is 1 1/4

Weight difference between fronts = almost even. That was before the sagging issue though and all rounds have been put in to keep ride heights correct. Not sure what it is now as I don’t have scales yet.

Only drivin stock car 3 times! :slight_smile:

Anyone close to the Apopka/Altamonte Springs area with scales that want to make a few bucks helping me rescale this thing let me know.

407-782-1192
Eddie

Save yourself a lot of time money and headache. Call AMF chassis out of lake Hamilton. 863-419-8700

Already had the truck set up by someone who I have just as much confidence in as I would AMF. I have never been to AMF but have heard nothing but the best about them. I have the set up sheet but with the issues I’m having with the sagging and wanting to replace the front springs I would just like to throw on scales quick. Don’t want to tow 1 1/2 hrs each way just to check.

On another note I noticed a few things this morning.

1. The sway bar eye broke. I must have been driving with no sway bar yesterday.

2. I bought 2 new tires and my stagger is now a bit smaller.

Don’t know how sway bar would affect it but I know the stagger will tighten me up.

I want to put truck back to my “set up” sheet with the other set of tires and change the springs due to the sagging issue still.

Call Chad Pierce. He is great at setting up wining cars and trucks.

Springs

Eddie,
Try unhooking shocks on all 4 corners, and sway bar free. Set ride heights, then rock truck around, kneel on front & rear bumper to see how the truck settles out. If it returns to the same ride heights then I would say it is not spring. In short I am wondering if you might have a hold down shock that is presenting what you think I a bad spring. Some will hold a corner down for a long time.

try runing a stiffer spring in the lf than the rf.

Guess you would need Chad Pierce’s number to contact him. That would help… 407-702-4183

Save yourself a lot of headaches and wasted money on parts.

Pay somebody with truck experience that has a shock dyno. Get everything checked and set-up correct at one time. Then you can make small changes like swaybar settings while you are learning the truck.

You may have a bent shock or a valving issue, that will cause changes in ride height.

No front swaybar will make the truck so loose you can’t drive it.

when you mentioned sagging…

…my first thought was how much preload was on the bar and how is the bar mounted.

[QUOTE=UREZ2PASS;134850]Save yourself a lot of headaches and wasted money on parts.

Pay somebody with truck experience that has a shock dyno. Get everything checked and set-up correct at one time. Then you can make small changes like swaybar settings while you are learning the truck.

You may have a bent shock or a valving issue, that will cause changes in ride height.

No front swaybar will make the truck so loose you can’t drive it.[/QUOTE]

Sounds like good advise (from a Sprint Driver)…OSF

No bones about it. :slight_smile:

If you are bottoming out the shock on the right front, that is your push. The car that I race the left front ride height changes every time I resetup the car. Doesn’t matter what spring I use new or old it just changes. Still can’t figure that one out, it takes about 4 turns to get it back up to ride height. Once you get the ride height back right the cross weight should be the same. Get with AMF or Chad Pierce to get you shocks done, that is the key to finding speed.

Patrick Thomas 25

No bones about it

Actually, I would have suggested moving the wing back. But then I never know what we will say next.

Chad Pierce

I would second giving Chad a call, real good with the truck and knows Orlando as good as anyone.