GovCup Entries

Good luck to Johnny VanDoorn!

gee Bubba

[QUOTE=bubba;135140]Wow - well, i am doubtful NBC/Fox would even listen for a regional short track late model event not named Snowball Derby. Hell if they cant get that on what was Speed at the time - no way they get the Gov Cup on network tv.

Aim high, though.[/QUOTE]

Not really a regional race,with drivers from around the country.Plus,NBC is dying for more racing content.This race is big enough to garner interest on Tv.

I’m hopeful Roberts gave it his best shot,but with Bright House Network involved,a regional cable provider,it would be a easy sell to NBC.

Just got an inside tip of another entry:

Harrison Burton, son of Jeff Burton is entering the Pro Late field, with legendary Freddie Query as his crew chief.

Looks like Freddie may have some time on his hands if Benjamin doesn’t make it. Sure miss seeing him wheel a race car. I remember the old Super 8 Series @ New Smyrna in the early 90’s. Freddie, Dickie, Gill, Goodson, those were some races.

I was wondering if there would be any last minute additions. I am surpised the pro lates are only around 20 cars…5k to win I figured would bring them out of the woodwork.

Same with mods I will be seriously disappointed with the entry list posted. Not a knock on those guys just figured there would be a ton more.

Either way, loving how the cup is shaping up.

I am surprised at the lack of modified entry’s too. Last year it seems like there was 36 or 38. I really figured Johnny (from Desoto Speedway) would be there. He was bad fast until he and Wayne got together. He was super fast again at the Snowball too.

Most of the local mod guys won’t pre register…and there will numerous Pro Lates that show up also…a lot of these guys have never been in a situation or series that required pre registration …they just know to show up and race

[QUOTE=bubba;135573]I was wondering if there would be any last minute additions. I am surpised the pro lates are only around 20 cars…5k to win I figured would bring them out of the woodwork.

Same with mods I will be seriously disappointed with the entry list posted. Not a knock on those guys just figured there would be a ton more.

Either way, loving how the cup is shaping up.[/QUOTE]

The guy that as around a 10th place car the 5000 to win doesn’t matter to him, pay out from second on back is the same as it was before, so why would they want to bring a car. Not everyone can win. My 2 cents worth.

Rob

Fair enough - that makes sense.

I did see where Todd Stone out of VT is driving for Gary Salvatore and didnt look like he was pre-entered so maybe they will all show.

[QUOTE=Rob00;135604]The guy that as around a 10th place car the 5000 to win doesn’t matter to him, pay out from second on back is the same as it was before, so why would they want to bring a car. Not everyone can win. My 2 cents worth.

Rob[/QUOTE]

I have to agree…even for the Supers, $500 to start a race where you have to buy two set of tires just for the race, 44 gallons of fuel as opposed to the usual 22, and have a crew of guys to feed and get in the gate etc. And that’s just the race, double that in practice. I know its racing, we do it because we love it. But I would think with amount of people and fans they could manage a little better on the pay through the field. I’ll save my rant on the practice schedule.